• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help - awful pain mid back.

archiesmum

I'm hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction. I'm a bander and had a fill on 11th Oct. I'm now experiencing awful pain in my back - mid way down both sides. Any ideas? It's worse when I eat?? I know that I'm not drinking 2 litres as day more like 1 but waterworks seem fine................I shall phone the bariatric nurse tomorrow as well as make an appointment with GP. Ta folks.

Hi there,

This may have nothing to do with the band, it sounds like the kidney area but I am no doctor so best get it checked out.

Might be a little urine infection if you are not drinking so much.

Hope you feel better soon. x

is it like to the side if that makes sense? if is could be start of kidney infection. pls see gp as last one i had ended up in hospital for 5 days. hugs xxxx

I'm hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction. I'm a bander and had a fill on 11th Oct. I'm now experiencing awful pain in my back - mid way down both sides. Any ideas? It's worse when I eat?? I know that I'm not drinking 2 litres as day more like 1 but waterworks seem fine................I shall phone the bariatric nurse tomorrow as well as make an appointment with GP. Ta folks.

I have been for a band de fill today as i was too tight, and my nurse said that people can experience pain in a number of areas if they have over eaten or if band is too tight and she did mention the back area, although i get pain in my shoulder, so hope this helps a little, but speak with your nurse tomorrow. How much do you have in your band?

Definately see the doctor! My dad had the bypass (I would not think this would be a problem on the band) but he had internal bleeding. It would have been a lethal problem had he not gone to the hospital when he did.

but again with the band I would not think this would be such a threat. Either way CYA. go see the doctor.

Back