• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help ides 4 the first few days after bypass

Kazziehill

Hi there all,
Hope your all well? I'm starting to get a panic on(prob silly I know)?
I'm due to have my bypass on Wednesday 24 august at Chichester Richards.
I'm really starting to worry what to have to eat when I first get home? I know it's clear liquids/soups? I have some soups. If anyone could help of do there food diary for the day or what you had when returning home after the bypass I would be so grateful. Thanks all you lovely people speak soon thanks again luv Kaz x x x x x. X

Tbh all you will want are fluids so sip sip sip is the order of the day!Warm drinks not hot,nas squash,water,cup soups,fruit teas.

Hi Kaz

I have to agree with bignbouncy. Fluid is the most important thing to be having when you get home. Then yu can think about the soups and fruit teas. Keeping yourself hydrated by sipping as much as possible so that you have drink at least 68fl oz a day. it sounds a lot but its not really!!! Drinking lots and lots before your surgery in imperative so that you are well hydrated during and after surgery too. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you on the loosers bench. xx :)

I don't think you will feel much like eating anything. All I wanted was a cup of tea and this went on for days. You could drink any flavour of oxo cube, obviously not boiling hot but that is similar to the 'soup' that they give to you when you are in hosp recovering.
Then you will probably want things like sieved yogurt or smoothie. You will only be able to manage say an egg cup sized portion of this but you shouldn't be hungry really.
As everybody has said....... the most important thing to do is sip, sip, sip fluids.
No added sugar cordial. Tea and coffee, water etc. As much as you can manage. It won't fill your little tummy up as it almost goes straight through doing your body a world of good in the process.
Good luck and take each day as it comes and try not to worry.
Lynne x

I'm 7 days out and this is what I do. As soon as I wake up I sip on 4 oz of a protein shake and take my centrum chewable vitamin. Then I sip on water. 2 hrs later I take my calcium and vit. D drink and dip on another 4 oz of my protein shake. Then I sip on water. Then I finish up the last 3 oz of my protein shake. Then I have some warm chicken broth. Then sip on water. Then I open up my 2nd. Protein shake and have another 4 oz. Then water. Then I take my calcium vit. D drink. Then more protein shake. Then water. Then my centrum then the last o my protein shake! Then water! Lol sometimes I will have some hot tea. Or coffee with some skim milk and sugar free hazelnut syrup. Or some flavored water. But as long as I get in 2 protein shakes and my water I'm good. My protein shakes wag have 30 g of protein with only 1 g of sugar. So I get 60 g of protein a day. And honestly it's really hard to make room for much else.

Ah thanks so so much that's really helped me what protein shake do u have. We have not been told to have them but I would be happier to thanks for all ur help luv Kaz x x x x x

Really? How do you guys get your protein In then? I use premier nutrition. Chocolate flavored. It is so tasty! And not expensive at all.

TamPerez111 said:
I'm 7 days out and this is what I do. As soon as I wake up I sip on 4 oz of a protein shake and take my centrum chewable vitamin. Then I sip on water. 2 hrs later I take my calcium and vit. D drink and dip on another 4 oz of my protein shake. Then I sip on water. Then I finish up the last 3 oz of my protein shake. Then I have some warm chicken broth. Then sip on water. Then I open up my 2nd. Protein shake and have another 4 oz. Then water. Then I take my calcium vit. D drink. Then more protein shake. Then water. Then my centrum then the last o my protein shake! Then water! Lol sometimes I will have some hot tea. Or coffee with some skim milk and sugar free hazelnut syrup. Or some flavored water. But as long as I get in 2 protein shakes and my water I'm good. My protein shakes wag have 30 g of protein with only 1 g of sugar. So I get 60 g of protein a day. And honestly it's really hard to make room for much else.

Ah thanks so so much that's really helped me what protein shake do u have. We have not been told to have them but I would be happier to thanks for all ur help luv Kaz x x x x x

mightyminx49 said:
Hi Kaz

I have to agree with bignbouncy. Fluid is the most important thing to be having when you get home. Then yu can think about the soups and fruit teas. Keeping yourself hydrated by sipping as much as possible so that you have drink at least 68fl oz a day. it sounds a lot but its not really!!! Drinking lots and lots before your surgery in imperative so that you are well hydrated during and after surgery too. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing you on the loosers bench. xx :)

Ah thanks for all ur help and time means so much will keep in touch ur a real help and support luv Kaz x x x

Big an Bouncy said:
Tbh all you will want are fluids so sip sip sip is the order of the day!Warm drinks not hot,nas squash,water,cup soups,fruit teas.

Thanks that's great and thanks for your time will keep in touch luv Kaz x x x

Good luck Kaz! your life begins tomorrow. I look forward to hearing all about your experiences! best wishes. xxx

lynne08 said:
Good luck Kaz! your life begins tomorrow. I look forward to hearing all about your experiences! best wishes. xxx

Thanks for ur kind words I'm all done now and so happy.I had some troubles with my bloods and not 2 well after the anasectic was sick 4a couple of hours but doing fine now. How are you and how's things luv hugs Kaz x xx

mazbrad said:
gl kazz hun. it almost over .. your seat polished on loser bench. the new life is on the way xxxx tc and may u have a speedy recovery

Ah thanks so much sweetie means alot I'm all done now. So relieved and thanks for saving me a seat on the loosers

mazbrad said:
gl kazz hun. it almost over .. your seat polished on loser bench. the new life is on the way xxxx tc and may u have a speedy recovery

Ah thanks sweetie sorry Last message funny am stiil tired but can't sleep. Thanks 4 saving me a seat on the losers bench. How are you? And how's things going for you? Keep in touch luv hugs Kaz x x x x x

Hi Kaz, sorry to hear you had a minor blip, but a few hours being unwell is a small price to pay for many happy healthy years that you have ahead of you I suppose! I'm just waiting for my surgery date now but could be anywhere between 3-5 months so just gleaming as much info, help and support from this site to set me up for the big day! so excited! I hope you continue to recover well. best wishes, Lynne xxx

Hi Kazzie, hope you are recovering well:) I find that I'm just trying to sip at things all day. Not really concentrating too much on what at the moment just trying to get things in. Today I had

Breakfast - cup of milky coffee

Lunch - bowl of beef broth (strained - blitzed and froze bits for puree stage) - it was delicious

Dinner - Actimel drink - yum! And about to try a milkshake.

Also been drinking water and tea today.

Think that milk might not agree with me much as I'm so windy (sorry if tmi;)) so might need to look for something else and see how I go without it.

When do you come home?

re protine shakes......

thanks for that post i know i wasnt a weight loss member then, but you have answerd my question about protine shakes were did you get them from?

Back