• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private Bypass help please

Kerry Jo

Hiya, was wondering if you guys could help me out. Its looking like I've got to go private. I was wondering where you all went to have your surgery. I live in Warrington so Manchester Liverpool are close by. I'm looking to pay as little as possible really because we can't really afford it ( I know this isn't always best) I really do appreciate your advice guys and I'm after having a Bypass, thanks xxx

hi, i think the spire are a good reputable place to go i think there old name use to be bupa.... there all over the country so just google to see where nearest one is sweetpea x

i was looking into funding and the name who always comea up is a mr basil Ammori he has his own site which you can go straight through him and he covers a few hospitals/clinics one being the spire.
good luck

:)Hi Kerry-I am going to go private & looking at Surgicare-
that would be with Mr Amori at Spire-
I will let you know how I get on at the free initial consultation tomorrow:)

Thanks Kelly! I rang them and they said 9,500 which isn't bad and i know surgicare use them. I noticed on the internet it says prices for a Bypass range from 8k-15k in the UK a massive difference. Just wondered has anyone had a Bypass for 8k and were they pleased? xxx

ooo good luck sweetpea x

I paid £11,800 for my by pass, an extra £1000 to get the surgeon I wanted, Shaw Somers and had mine done at Harrow.

I am far from lush with money and have to sell my house now, but it was worth every penny.

I think you should consider your care before thinking of price.

:)Hi Kerry-I am going to go private & looking at Surgicare-
that would be with Mr Amori at Spire-
I will let you know how I get on at the free initial consultation tomorrow:)

Hiya Poppet, I went to Suricare a few months back to go private because i was not sure i would get it on the NHS. They were lovely. I was late (got lost lol) so didn't meet Dr Ammori :(
Can i just say though that i found out that you have the op done at the spire. If you phone the Spire themselves its £500 cheaper. Thats for the Bypass anyway, not sure about the band. Its because your cutting out the middle man, and you'll still get Dr Ammorri doing your OP. good luck hun and thanks xxx

I paid £11,800 for my by pass, an extra £1000 to get the surgeon I wanted, Shaw Somers and had mine done at Harrow.

I am far from lush with money and have to sell my house now, but it was worth every penny.

I think you should consider your care before thinking of price.

Thanks i understand what you mean but money is tight and i have 3 small children and a pretty big mortgage round my neck. Its the difference in me getting the op or not having it at all. Borrowing 10k will cost me 15k after 10 yrs of paying it :eek:
I'm sorry you've had to sell your home, thats awful and something I'm trying to avoid. Even if i lost the house it would still be 600 to rent somewhere :sigh: xxx

I went privately to Spire Manchester with Mr Ammori, i paid 10k for bypass and 2 years after care. I can't sing his praises enough he did a fantastic job and i've never had any complications or pain. I don't know anyone who has had a bypass for 8k although i know that prices have been reduced slightly compared with last year x

I had my bypass privately with Mr Ammori at the Alexandra and went through Healthier Weight. I paid £10.5k. I adore Mr Ammori and in my humble opinion, he is truly the most amazing surgeon.

Thanks Kelly! I rang them and they said 9,500 which isn't bad and i know surgicare use them. I noticed on the internet it says prices for a Bypass range from 8k-15k in the UK a massive difference. Just wondered has anyone had a Bypass for 8k and were they pleased? xxx

Kerry I think Surgicare are now quoting K9.5 - must be price-matching!

Kerry I think Surgicare are now quoting K9.5 - must be price-matching!

OOH thanks for that because i really liked Surgicare, the girls are really nice. I did tell them that to but said i can't pay an extra £500 because your all really nice. So now its the same price whoop whoop :D xxx

I'm booked in with Dr Ammori next month at the Spire in Manchester. Price through Marcus Landauer is £9500, a fall of £500 since last year.

I went with Surgicare and paid £10k however my aunt also went with them and paid £9.5k. We both had the same surgeon, the wonderful Mr Ammori and had the op at the Spire Manchester. Could fault them, everything has been great.

Hiya
i am not quite from your neck of the woods, but i used WLSgroup, i am only 4 weeks post op but they have bee fab, it cost £9000 and the surgeon that i had, does the NHS bypasses in Sheffield as well as working privately for WLSgroup, and was has an excellet reputation. They use hospitals up and down the country.
xxxx

Kerry, just a note as your stats aren't in your panel, most private companies charge considerably more if your BMI is 50 or over.

I had my op at the Nuffield in Leeds. mr Dexter was my surgeon.

No idea how much an op would cost cos I was NHS - I'd waited too long but the care I had was excellent - and Leeds were pioneers in WLS in the UK

Good luck

Angela xx

Back