• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help! I'm in pain!

betsyhookway123

I had my gastric band op yesterday at 3pm, was discharged this afternoon. Wasn;t really prepared for this level of pain! Can anyone reassure me? How long does this pain last? Best ways of dealing with it?

It's a nagging pain around the wound, having trouble turning over in bed and standing up. It's not crippling but need constant pain relief.
I was just wondering how long this lasts?

My pain was 2 months then had to have another procedure.

There is 'my left side hurts' give that a couple of weeks :confused: everyone seems to get that.

There is wind pain, I didn't get that.

I had my port is 'very very unhappy' pain, that was 2 months. 24 hours a day, no sleep and crippling.

If it's really really bad, back to your provider and/or A&E.

Pethedine was my solution, and LOTS of it ;)

Take your pain relief at regular intervals, even if your not in pain, This will help. Try propping yourself up on pillows and sleeping on your back for a few nights :)

Hi there, I had a band 4wks ago and I too couldn't believe the post op pain!

It took me a week to feel human (although the pain did lessen each day) and I still had wind pain for two weeks!

Even now, at four weeks on my port is still tender, especially when I bend - have seen my provider and this is normal by all accounts.

Stick with it, keep walking and do take regular pain relief (remember to drink lots tough as. Some forms of analgesia causes constipation)

Oh and take care ;-)

i didnt find the op particulalry painfull but the port can be a niggle , if you have trapped wind pain walk slowly around as much as poss and sleep propped up , take your pain meds every 4 hours and keep moving within reason. if in agonising pain speak to the ward you were on/team they will advise you

Hi x I had a band in November and I only had wind pain. I would phone your surgeon or hospital (ward) and tell them ur in pain. X

Back