• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help me

kellie123

Hiya all im new 2 this so just getting the hang of it lol!!;)ive got 2 young children im 19st and really want 2 loose weight ive tryed every thing,but nothing seems 2 help,i really want the gastric band putting in but cant afford it at the min as im a mother and only work part time,im so down all the time but turn 2 food just cant help my self,can you get gastric band on the nhs does any 1 have any information on what i have 2 do about getting it done please help xxxxxx:sigh::copon::wave_cry:

Hi Kellie, just wanted to say hello. I don't know the answer to your questions but I'm sure there will be someone along shortly who can. x

Hiya all im new 2 this so just getting the hang of it lol!!;)ive got 2 young children im 19st and really want 2 loose weight ive tryed every thing,but nothing seems 2 help,i really want the gastric band putting in but cant afford it at the min as im a mother and only work part time,im so down all the time but turn 2 food just cant help my self,can you get gastric band on the nhs does any 1 have any information on what i have 2 do about getting it done please help xxxxxx:sigh::copon::wave_cry:

hi kellie and welcome to minis, you can get nhs banding if your bmi is 40 plus or 35-39 with co morbilities, my bmi was 43 and i wieghed 19st 2 on the day of my op and i was nhs banded, your 1st port of call is to make an appointment with your gp, and discuss a referal to a nhs surgeon, most gp's will refere but some are releuctant if that happens see another gp in your practice.

good luck !

liz x

Hiya Kellie123

Firstly what you need to do is go and talk to your GP and tell them you would like to be referred. Then they will check that you meet your area's PCT criteria. Each area has it's own guidelines.

Then the next step is to gain funding from the PCT, this can take anywhere between a month and however long.

Once you get funding, you then get to see a surgeon who will assess you suitability for the proceedure. Sometimes this is done the other way around, depending on area.

Then it's a waiting game, and there are no ard garantees you will get funded, or pass criteria with NHS but you can appeal.

Back