• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking about surgery

Happe

escaping the fat
Note to self...stop getting on the scales, you were warned about the 3rd week stall. ALL WILL BE OK!! Oh and drink more water xxx

Happe

escaping the fat
Finished my 2nd week on puree and looking forward to some lumpier mush this week lol. Scales have not kind and I only lost 1lb this week. 24lbs in 4 weeks though so cannot complain too loudly. I feel thinner and have lost 2in fom my waist and 3in from my belly.
I tries some cod last night, just flaked so thought id ust chew but obviously not enough and maybe too quickly because it got stuck. Wow so painful, wont be doing that again.

Laaux

Finished my 2nd week on puree and looking forward to some lumpier mush this week lol. Scales have not kind and I only lost 1lb this week. 24lbs in 4 weeks though so cannot complain too loudly. I feel thinner and have lost 2in fom my waist and 3in from my belly.
I tries some cod last night, just flaked so thought id ust chew but obviously not enough and maybe too quickly because it got stuck. Wow so painful, wont be doing that again.

You’re doing fantastic. Keep it up! It’s all trial and error x

Happe

escaping the fat
Thank you. I scrambled 1 egg this morning, it was so nice but couldn't even eat it all. Felt like id had a Sunday roast lol one day xx

Happe

escaping the fat
Went back to work this week. It was much harder than i thought it would be. My job is quite physical so i took plenty of time off but i only lasted 3hours on Monday then ive pushed myself to do an extra hour every day.
For some reason my neck and shoulders are so painful. Its like ive been holding an heavy weight above my head for ages.
Really feeling the restriction more now im eating more solid foods. I was beginning to wonder if my pouch was working, I read of others only having a couple of teaspoons and being full and felt i was having too much but now get that solid protein will make me feel like that too. Im happier with the loss now too. After dropping just 4lbs on puree, Ive lost 8lbs on soft so 32lbs in 6 weeks. Got to be happy with that x

_Victoria_

Sounds like you're doing really well, Happe! 32lb is AMAZING in such a short time. 6lb a week on average i think? I would be singing and dancing with those kinds of losses! haha.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder pain though. Do you think maybe you could have been holding yourself tense with the pain from surgery and now your muscles are aching a bit from that? Are you doing more activity generally with your arms? Hopefully they start to feel better soon. I'll look forward to reading more of your updates :)

Happe

escaping the fat
Thank you Victoria. I think the pain is due to not doing much upper body wise for a few weeks. Everyday has gotten a little easier and my new swimsuit arrived yesterday so no excuses now xx

_Victoria_

i've read a couple of times on here since posting my reply that the shoulder/back pain can be from trapped wind. Are you suffering with that much? Bit of a personal question haha sorry for that! But if you are maybe that could explain it too.
I hope you're still doing well. I'm glad things are getting easier :) x

Happe

escaping the fat
Sorry I've been AWOL. My laptop is kaput and I've only just thought to try on my phone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas, we had a quiet one. Mine all work in retail so we're back to work early boxing morning. I have struggled if I'm honest, not with overeating but with not being able to eat what I wanted. I really didn't enjoy my dinner because I couldn't figure in like I used to. Turkey despite being eaten with gravy still got stuck as did the stuffing. Wanted to cry at the table, I felt so left out. Now the house is full of cheeses and crackers and chocolate and it's shouting at me. I will resist though. Cuba is calling in May.

Happe

escaping the fat
After that self pity post igot over myself and carried on. Actually lost 5lbs Christmas week so extremely happy now. Back to work this week with new Fitbit in place. I did over 20000 steps today. This is going to a good year x

Maria61

After that self pity post igot over myself and carried on. Actually lost 5lbs Christmas week so extremely happy now. Back to work this week with new Fitbit in place. I did over 20000 steps today. This is going to a good year x
Well done , it really is a struggle. I lost 2lbs over Christmas but have found this week very difficult. I will weigh tomorrow and see how I have got on. Happy new year to you xxx

slimkim

@Happe How are things with you? I just read through your diary and its a remarkable journey.

Happe

escaping the fat
Big apologies for going missing again. Still not got a laptop and find apps much easier to use on my phone than websites. I am doing very well. I feel 20 years younger now that my knees and ankles are not on the verge of collapse. I've lost 98lbs/ 7stone and a huge amounts of inches. I've developed a serious shopping addiction especially now I can shop very cheaply in Primark lol.
This hasn't always been easy though. I still feel deprived at times especially times when I'm stressed and want to bury myself in the bread bin like I used to. I can't eat bread, it hurts as does chicken. I've gone off cheese, baked beans and mince but I now eat fish so that's a positive.
Off to catch up on everyone's diaries xx

Bling Babe

Went back to work this week. It was much harder than i thought it would be. My job is quite physical so i took plenty of time off but i only lasted 3hours on Monday then ive pushed myself to do an extra hour every day.
For some reason my neck and shoulders are so painful. Its like ive been holding an heavy weight above my head for ages.
Really feeling the restriction more now im eating more solid foods. I was beginning to wonder if my pouch was working, I read of others only having a couple of teaspoons and being full and felt i was having too much but now get that solid protein will make me feel like that too. Im happier with the loss now too. After dropping just 4lbs on puree, Ive lost 8lbs on soft so 32lbs in 6 weeks. Got to be happy with that x
So glad to hear your doing so well your pictures are amazing well done, I’m 18 days post bypass and onto soft/mash but like you were I am worried I’m eating to much as not really feeling restriction so coming across your post has reassured me, I’m not eating huge amounts, yesterday I had a whole boil in the bag fish with 50grams swede and carrots and didn’t feel restriction, those fish aren’t very fat but still quite big, I think, I followed the 20 20 20 rule and it took 16 minutes , I just hope I’m not stretching Percy! Sometimes I do feel a “full” type of feeling in my throat about 10 minutes after eating xx

Missyme

Happe

escaping the fat
Same dress 2 holidays. One just before my op in October 2017 and 1 last month in Cuba. Can't tell you how much better I felt in myself both physically and mentally. Best thing I have ever done xx

Bling Babe

Same dress 2 holidays. One just before my op in October 2017 and 1 last month in Cuba. Can't tell you how much better I felt in myself both physically and mentally. Best thing I have ever done xx
Your happiness shines through and you look fantastic, well done xx