• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help!!! pre op diet!!!

fatbutnot4long

right this is my first post so here it goes!

im on the pre op diet

3 pints of milk
1 oxo cube and boiliong water
and 2 pints sugar free squash

ive been on this for 9 days and lost 12 lbs! i need to loose 1 stone 1 atleast before my next appoitment which is 14th july. well 2 day i broke and have really messed up ive ate 1/2 pizza and chips! and im feeling like i cant do the last bit! i HATE being hungry and dont know if im just kidding myself that i can do the milk diet after all im fat for a reason!

has any 1 else eaten on the milk diet but stull reached there target? i feel like im on my own as no1 around me wants me to have the op but at 23 and 21.1 i need it! please help...

kirsty xx

Hi Kirsty I havent started my pre op diet yet will prob be August when I see dietician and I have to do it for a month
I can imagine it is not easy at all but think why you are doing it, not I have eaten the pizza and chips and now cant go back to the milk dietl
YES YOU CAN, remember why you are doing this, and how you will feel if they decide not to operate!!
This is just a blich and you can continue and you will get there, forget about falling off the wagon, and just get back on and keep going you can do it Kirsty.........you can!!
Good Luck

Jay xx

Kirsty that diet is obscene - not surprised youve fallen off the wagon. There is a 1000 calorie a day diet involving food that you can chew that I was on for 2 weeks and I lost a stone - email me and I will post it to you.

kirsty im on the milk diet at the moment and im allowed 4pints of milk an oxo 1 pint sugar free jelly and as much tea coffee and diet drinks as i need ,are you sure youve got it right ,as i dont actually feel hungry but would love to chew something .please check yours out doesnt seem enough good luck xxxx

nope i copied off the diet sheet when writting it on here. thanks for the reply. how are you gettin on with your diet? have you eaten at all? im on it for 4 weeks so its really harsh and im finding i need someone 2 talk to. x

no i havent eaten but oh soooo want to .4 weeks poor you ive only got 11 days got op july 1st .thinking of you xxxx

Hi Kirsty, please don't think you have failed, it was just the once. You can do it we all know you can. Just think how much you have lost so far 12lbs is great. Keep going and just think how impressed the hospital will be when you go in for your op. Good luck. ((Hugs)).

Hi Kirsty, ok so you messed up this time. Now its time to get back on track. If you've lost 12lbs already (not counting the pizza) then with over 2 weeks to go you should be able to lose a lot more. Just concentrate now on what you doing and not on what you've done. Good luck with the rest of your pre op diet and if you want to chew then have some sugar free gum.OH and:welcome2: to minis. hope you find us all helpful and friendly lol.

thank u so much! i felt so bad i went to tescos and bought the new wii active game (it killed me) so ive burnt off some of the unwanted calories! im not going to give up and im back on track from now! i need to do this to get my life back and im just going to focus on that from now! the 14th isent that long and ive got lots of fat to burn so ill keep u updated on how i get on.

thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome. im so glad i found this site. it seems to be the tool i need (along with the bypass) lol... im sure ill get there in the end! after all i can already here the skinny jeans calling my name hehe

thanks everyone xx

keep at it you can do it if you feel the need to do it again come on here im sure there will be someone around you can talk too to distract you away from wanting to munch your preop diet is very severe most milk diets let you have a sugar free sachet of jelly a day so the fact you have stuck to it for a fornight is amazing

awwwwwwwwwwwwww hon dont despair

I was on this last week and the week before and I fell off the wagon several times, take heed tomorrow is another day , you can do this, you have to do this , dont feel bad its just a blip!!!

Think positive like you said you need this , its so hard but im sure it will all be worth it in the end , get yourself together and wake up tomorrow a determined woman !!!

Good luck

helen xxxx

Hang on a sec, you've been on for 12 days so far and your next appointment is the 14th July, so 16 days away?

Have they told you to do the pre-op diet already or is this just something you've decided to do in order to shift some weight before your next appointment? It says on your side bar that you are still waiting for a date, so I'm a bit confused.

The milk diet is not designed for anyone to do for longer than 14 days. It is not a weight loss diet, it is a liver shrinking diet. Doing it longer and for the wrong reasons is dangerous.

no they told me 2 do it... 4 weeks to loose 5% i have to do another 14 days before my op 2 shrink the liver.

after ive lost 5% they give me a date to see the surgeon and he will give me a date for my op so i hope i can keep up the rest now as i really really want this. 4 weeks did seem like a long time to me as most people do 3 at the most but they didnt have any appoitments at the 3 weeks mark... i checked so its 4 weeks for me :( it is really hard especially as im fat for a reason! sometimes im so hungry i feel sick! xx

Poor you :( that is way too much to ask of patients! You'd be better on something like cambridge/lipotrim than the milk diet.

That sounds like a very brutal diet, I think you've done really well to last for 9 days! But okay, you've had a slip up. It happens to everyone, so don't beat yourself up about it. Try to think about what made you do it. Boredom? Were you upset? Just wanted something to get your teeth into? Try to figure out the reason and then think about how you can stop it from happening again. Go for a walk, brush your teeth, shout, I dunno. Focus on something other than wanting to eat. Just keep your goal in mind. Write it down on little post-it notes and stick them to the fridge, the cupboard doors, the mirror, your purse in case you're ever tempted to buy something you shouldn't. Keep a copy of your appointment letter with you as another reminder. It might be hard, but it will be sooooo worth it in the end.

Back