• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help my bookshelves put on weight!

Boblatina

I love books and I don't think you can have too many. I also love researching everything a thoroughly as possible before I do it (hence my collection of Lonely Planet Guides covering every holiday I have been on)

I am learning tons of stuff here but I love the smell and feel of a new book (even more than I love chocolate :eek:) so, the time has come when I feel the need to hit Amazon and create the WLS section of my library :D

Anyone got any recommendations?

I see that there is a "WLS for Dummies" Is it any good?

The ones I have seen so far are a bit over-American I think. Are any of them worthwhile for a UK WLS-er? (Bit pointless if a lot of them covers topics like "how to get WLS on Medicaid")

love

TillyBob

Hi Tillybob!love the name I have a cat Tilly and a dog Bob!
Yes WLS for dummies is very comprehensive,bought mine on Amazon for 8 quid.Tells you everything you need to know relly,also got Gastric Bypass Surgery by Mary p.McGowan.off ebay 4 quid.
Like you I love books,new ones smell full of promise that a good read is on its way and old ones are like old friends that you meet again after a long time.I never throw books out.I have a friend who likes the same type of book as me so we swap then novels go to the charity shop but old faves are treasured.I will start an o/t List your top three books!

Hiya TB - I am a total bookaholic and my home is adorned with bookshelves everywhere - I love thrillers and buy them at charity shops all the time. I have a huge amount of books related to my qualifications and always keep my eyes open for new ones. Being a lecturer means that I have to keep abreast of current technolgies etc so have vast amount relating to work.

I can't stand chic lit or sci-fi or romance and the only slightly frivolous collection I have is the entire collection of Janet Evanovich books- they are a blast!

OH can't understand it and won't pick one up unless it is a wiring diagram or engine manual :rolleyes:

Back