• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help my leg has swollen

happy days

Anybody had swollen legs, just took my trousers off and my left leg is huge, it's not painful or warm just large. Has anyone had this.

you should get it checked.Can be a problem with a vein obstruction, heart problem, kidney problem. May be nothing at all but better to be safe than sorry x

yes happy days i suffer a lot with swollen legs, if it not hot or painfull it could be warter retention, (theres your weight gain)

but in saying that happydays i am not a medical doctor and do not claim to be but have sufferd for many years with swollen legs, i would say if it does not go down go and see your g.p. hunny. take care. x x

I said last night that my sock was tight but then when I've looked at it tonight it's massive, certainly explains why I only lost a pound this week. Giv the docs a ring in the morning. Thanks x

No but it could account for your 1lb loss last week. Is it fluid, if you press on it does it take a while for the indentation to disappear? Best to check it out with your GP ... be safe. xxx :):)

Have you had a bite on your left leg recently? I don't want to scare you, but a presumed insect bite caused cellulitis in my left leg 2 years ago. It started swollen, then went red and blotchy. I left it a couple of days before I saw a doctor, was prescribed antibiotics, no improvement.

Ended up in hospital on IV antibiotics for 1 week, all flesh 'sloughed' off, looked like a side of beef, off work for 6 weeks. Now all healed, but left with deep tissue scarring.

See the doctor tomorrow, don't be put off. Put a couple of pillows or a rolledup duvet underneath the leg while you are in bed tonight.

Good luck and I hope it's just a simple problem.

Big an Bouncy said:
Or might be a dvt dont neglect it.If it was water retention you would have it in both legs.

That was my worry. I think my fingers are a bit puffy but think I may be trying to see something that's not there. The leg is pretty normal this morning but after 8 hours in bed I guess it wud be, going to fone docs either way
Thanks everyone

Neeta said:
Good luck. :)

Will probly take a week to get an appointment for after work. Can't go in working hours as I will lose all my bonus. My boss is so unfair but cos of all those who take the Mick the genuine people suffer.

Will probly take a week to get an appointment for after work. Can't go in working hours as I will lose all my bonus. My boss is so unfair but cos of all those who take the Mick the genuine people suffer.

It's always the case. Do you not have a walk in centre that you could call at on your way home from work? :)

:sigh:
Have you had a bite on your left leg recently? I don't want to scare you, but a presumed insect bite caused cellulitis in my left leg 2 years ago. It started swollen, then went red and blotchy. I left it a couple of days before I saw a doctor, was prescribed antibiotics, no improvement.

Ended up in hospital on IV antibiotics for 1 week, all flesh 'sloughed' off, looked like a side of beef, off work for 6 weeks. Now all healed, but left with deep tissue scarring.

See the doctor tomorrow, don't be put off. Put a couple of pillows or a rolledup duvet underneath the leg while you are in bed tonight.

Good luck and I hope it's just a simple problem.

this exact thing happened to my i was in portugul and got an insect bite mosquito i was in hospital for 3 weeks and distric nurses to my house for 2 whole years just got over it got to were compression stockings. i to am left with deep scare tissue dammage in my leg.:sigh:

Back