• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help needed fir portion sizes for pureed

Tules, that is brilliant news and an awesome result!! That means you've put so much pressure on me and MY weigh in tomorrow. Glad your stomach feels flatter. Mine is the opposite!!!!!! Mine feels like that it's still blown out from my surgery. I think they forgot to de-gas my stomach. I'm probably the only person that has got a bigger stomach than what I went in with!!! Ha ha ha.

Alison, you poor thing. It sounds like you really have been through the mill. Hope the " Grand Canyon" is healing nicely. Otherwise you can earn some money by allowing National Geographic to photograph this natural wonder??!!! Your comment really made me chuckle!!!!

Enjoy your weekend xx

Hey Alison, I know you suffered so much. It is great to read you still have fantastic humour. Hope canyon will close up for good soon.
I had my operation 4 weeks ago, on 28/2.

Rinata, don't worry. Soon after my message, my tummy ballooned out again, not sticking out as much as before but certainly not flat. He he

Get those gases out to deflate your tummy girl... I read in another thread that you had a good walk - although wounds hurt later- but walking is good. My nurse was recommending walking to ease the gas out.

Oh, just came back from a friend's birthday party. They hired a venue and there was food.. I had little bit of chicken with some rice.it was amazing not to go and keep eating. I did not feel deprived, so eating out if ok at this soft food phase. Freedom from food is great.

Tules, you are SUCH a rebel. Chicken and rice?? Seriously???!!! I'm having a conference call with your Bariatric team first thing tomorrow!!!!

Not sure how to get those extra gases out now??? I could murder a diet coke right now to help me on my way. I was hoping my stomach injections would've helped me deflate my stomach... Bit like a pin to a balloon but that didn't happen either!!! I'm beginning to wonder if they actually took my stomach out or whether they just put more stuff in there as they ran out of storage space in my ward!!!!!!

Oh Rinata, sorry petal. Are you still suffering with gas?

Hope you are better.
Talking about the surgery team, I have not heard of spoken to anyone... nurse was supposed to see me by now.
Anyhow, I am fine, apart from not following the rules at all!!

There you are Tules!! Are you back to work again. Hope you've recovered fully now.

The gas is the least of my worries now. The "chronic stitch" has got worse today and certain positions and even going to the loo gives me a very sharp pulling pain.... Very much like the first day after my op. I feel as if I've gone back a major step. My nurse said its normal and will get better. Ahh well... Perhaps I was too complacent about my recovery.

Apart from that, I'm fine.

So, how's the rebel doing?? You've probably gone for a curry or KFC no doubt??!!! Ha ha ha

Xx

Hi Rinata,
Sorry about the pain on your stitches. Mine's comes and goes too. Maybe part of healing?

I am fine, trying to get my head around to eating/drinking more protein. Even though my meals are mainly protein, can only eat such small portions that, am not reaching the 60gram target. I just cannot even look at the protein powder box. Yucky.

Will eat some danio later, or plain yogurt. Still not even up to 30grams though.
Wonder what happens if one does not take enough protein?

Thanks Tules, I'm sure it will heal but just can't understand how it's got worse.

Protein has 2 main functions as I can understand it. It keeps you fuller for longer and it strengthens your muscles so when there's a lot of weight loss, you don't want your muscles to break down too.

What about the pâté you tried. How much protein in that? I've been having SW chicken pizziola, mushy peas and a little mash for dinner and tuna mayonnaise for lunch. Perhaps maybe chick peas made into hummus? Or lentils??
Perhaps googling very protein dense foods and see what you like from there??

Not sure what else to suggest.... Perhaps the more senior members can give you more or better suggestions?!

I agree, it's a lot to get your head around with protein, vitamins, fluids, exercise, rest etc etc etc. post op is tiring work!!! We'll get there. In 2 months time, we'll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about!! :)

Take care xx

Hi Rinata,

thanks for your suggestions love. All the food I eat are actually protein based - but because the portions are so small, can't get the 60grms of the protein in.
For example I eat eggs for breakfast. Did the same today. I had some left over fish from yesterday -with tomato sauce. Could only eat 3-4 teaspoon of it yesterday, but today managed a bit more.
Also followed Karina's suggestion and got lunchables - 16.5grams of protein in each pack. Don't know how they packed so much protein in there. I will skip the crackers, and eat the meat and the cheese.
Tried to have some protein powder with some yogurt- just could not eat it. So horrid.

upwards and onwards. Got other things members suggested (light babybel (5gram each), feta cheese, cheesy strings... will try tofu next.

bye for now sweetheart.
tules
x

Hi Tules,

I know what you mean about this protein quantity. The SW meal had 14g of protein but as I've blended it, it's lasted me about 4-5 meals. It's all too scientific for my liking.

You've got some great ideas and I can't wait to be on the soft foods to have those but being the rebel you are, hope you're finding them easy to eat!!

Take care Hun and have a great Easter xx

Back