• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Portion sizes post op.

penelope1008

Can anyone give me an idea of the average portion sizes I should be aiming for post op so I can start to get my head around what I should be doing before my op and pre-op diet.

I appreciate it will wary from person to person and how we all interact with our pouch as well as what foods will sit better than others, but am trying to moderate what I eat now to what I will soon be eating.

Am currently doing weightwatchers and am on 34 points a day and struggle somedays to control the portion size although I think I am sticking to the points system properly my plate does seem rather full. Knowing I will be eating much less at a meal I want to try and reduce my portion sizes to something closer to what I will be able to eat at least for a couple of days every so often while I await my op date so I don't have to think to much post op and can be a little better prepare emotionally as well. I seem to have control issues and when I don't know or understand what I should be doing I get my self a little stressed out so find being a bit ott as far as prep and planning for all eventualities helps me feel in control even if in the end I can't control things as much as I think. Lol

You won't do it. Don't try to emulate post surgery before you have it. Things are completely different after surgery. You don't have the room for food etc etc so trying to have the same portion sizes now is unrealistic. Start concentrating on eating/drinking seperately and taking frequent sips of water now as after surgery, this is what you'll have to do.

Mixman said:
You won't do it. Don't try to emulate post surgery before you have it. Things are completely different after surgery. You don't have the room for food etc etc so trying to have the same portion sizes now is unrealistic. Start concentrating on eating/drinking seperately and taking frequent sips of water now as after surgery, this is what you'll have to do.

Excellent advice! Get used to sipping water throughout the day and cut out all fizzy drinks so that you are ready after the op.

Back