• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please...rehydration sachets

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hello all
I am after a little bit of guidance.
As many of you may know, I have had diarrhoea all week, which I tried to let run its course without medication last night and up to now, its stopped (fingers crossed!!!).
Anyway, because I havent been able to nourish myself properley this week I got hubby to get me some rehydration sachets to put some good hydration into myself.
He got me Diarolyte and Asdas own brand, so I have a choice of which to take.
What I am wondering about is the sugar in it. The leaflets talk about the glucose in it and not to take it if you are sensitive to sugars, which as a bypasser I am, I do suffer dumping syndrome, so am I safe to take these sachets? I dont want to take something to make me feel a bit better after having the runs all week that is just going to make me dump and make things worse.
Anyway, any advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you
Steph xx

I don't know Steph... but in your shoes I'd be very apprehensive about taking anything which could cause dumping - and exacerbate your diarrhoea even more ! Can you go speak to a pharmacist and see if they can suggest an alternative ? Or speak to your bariatric team ? Take care xx

Thanks Rose xx
I called my new GP surgery today to ask where we are up to with my registering there as I was wondering where my prescription would come from this month. They booked me in for a new patient health check with the nurse at 12pm today and have booked me in with a GP for 12.30pm today so that they can sort out the prescription for me, I just have to take along the boxes/bottles and they will sort it for me, which is brilliant, you couldnt get an appointment that fast at my old GP surgery!!!
So, Im going to hold off on the sachets until I have discussed it with the GP and see what he/she advises, if he/she doesnt seem too sure I will call Spire and ask someone there, I really dont need dumping on top of what I have already gotten!
Thanks
Steph xx

Thanks Rose xx
I called my new GP surgery today to ask where we are up to with my registering there as I was wondering where my prescription would come from this month. They booked me in for a new patient health check with the nurse at 12pm today and have booked me in with a GP for 12.30pm today so that they can sort out the prescription for me, I just have to take along the boxes/bottles and they will sort it for me, which is brilliant, you couldnt get an appointment that fast at my old GP surgery!!!
So, Im going to hold off on the sachets until I have discussed it with the GP and see what he/she advises, if he/she doesnt seem too sure I will call Spire and ask someone there, I really dont need dumping on top of what I have already gotten!
Thanks
Steph xx

Glad you're going to see someone today - hope they can sort you out ! Take care x

i was like this for about 8/9 weeks, and was told by Dr to drink flat diet lemonade.
only water will hydrate you, but the dyralite or lemonade will replace the essential salts that you have lost.
hope this helps sue.

Thanks xx
I just posted a seperate thread about what the doctor advised.
Thanks for the replies xx
Steph xx

Back