• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please!

Mother K

Hi everyone, I had my sleeve done on the 6th March everything's been going ok, but yesterday was my first day on the puréed food but I am finding it really difficult to fit in plenty of liquids. I have been told to have 4-6 small amounts of purée throughout the day but not to drink for 30 mins before and after having it! This adds up to a long part of the day not drinking and not enough time to get in enough fluids. Has anyone else found this please?

SAM55

Yep, had same problem, and so have others. I was told by dietician not to expect to get the required amount of fluid in to start with. It does however require learning a new discipline and not being distracted and forgetting the time. I found constipation was a problem without enough fluid.

What I found did help was having a bottle of water handy during the night so I could sip every time I got up for a pee, and as soon as I woke up.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
It is hard at first but you'll soon get into the swing of things, it is important to drink but you need to get used to having the pureed food too.

Are you managing x 4 or x 6 meals yet? I would suggest sipping within the times you can drink but try and have a drink first thing and last thing x