• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help plllllz

danic-johnson

Ok I'm stressing about this bloody pre
Op diet, I can't stand the Greek yogurt so have been having 3 pints of semi skinned milk, I'm only on day 2 but I know I need a lot of protein and won't be getting it from just milk will I? Can anyone give
Me any suggestions as to if there's anything else I can have?

Don't stress too much. There is a pre-op diet that is just milk if you can stand it, but you need to drink 4pts semi skimmed a day, one oxo cube drink and a multivitamin tablet. You are allowed 1 pt of made up sugar free jelly to help your cravings.

If you can give more details of your op and when it's due others may be able to give you other advice.

Oooo I didn't know about the oxo and jello :) well I'm on day 2 pre op diet having a sleeve on the 4th September was told to do this for 10 days x

If you don't like the greek yogurt you could always just have 2 x 125gm low fat diet flavoured yogurts instead.. and you are only missing out on about 12 grams of protein with 2 yogurts most of your protein will be coming from the milk you are drinking.

I was allowed unlimited sugar free jelly, which really helped me.
Stick with it, it will all be worth it in the end.
Where and when is your op?
Em xxx

I think I might do the jelly, I have some fat free fruit yogurts too there activia don't know if they would e any good. I'm having my op on sept 4th with mr ackroyd at Claremont hospital in Sheffield x

Muller yoghurts are great for the milk diet loads of different flavours
Sugar free jelly,
Oxo,
Sugar free Crusha milk shake (liquid milk shake flavouring from most supermarkets)
HTH

Danic ring them team, I had my op with Mr ackroyd and although I've seen it on here lots nowhere on our teams plan did it mention oxo,jelly or crusha (although i wish it had!!) Diet coke was my saviour! There are diet alternatives so just give them a bell n good luck this stage doesn't last forever :) xx

I think I might do the jelly, I have some fat free fruit yogurts too there activia don't know if they would e any good. I'm having my op on sept 4th with mr ackroyd at Claremont hospital in Sheffield x

Danic ive just had my op a week ago at Thornbury in Sheffield with Mr Ackroyd, I was allowed on my diet to have either 3 pints of milk and 2 diet yogurts or 2 pints of milk and 3 diet yogurts.
As I hate milk I was allowed to use rice milk instead, and there are plenty of low fat yogurts so you should find some you like!
In my booklet given to me at my pre op assessment it clearly states that we are allowed unlimited sugar free jelly, this made all the difference to me as I ate it with the yogurt poured over it and it was pretty filling.
When I spoke to Liz Govan at NGH she said they don't recommend oxo drinks, I'm guessing because of the high salt content. I have to say I couldn't cope with the lack of savoury food so I drank a couple of cups a day of bouillon made up into a drink, it is virtually fat free and has a lower salt content than oxo.
Lots of luck :)
Em xxxx

Would it be that bad to have one last meal on my milk diet before my op lol my op is in 5 days and I want one last meal!!! Sooo greedy I've been doing 3 pints of skimmed milk only for a week and have lost a stone. What would happen of I have a meal then went straight back on for te next 4 days????

I've just responded onto the other thread where you've said about cheating.

Why would you want to? Why would you want to undo a special diet that isnt about losing weight, but preparing your liver for surgery?

Ongoing, you are going to have to manage your eating, so why not start as you mean to carry on. AS your other post mentions, its cheating. But more so, you could put your surgery at risk.

Try tesco fat free yoghurt? I hate natural you and Greek yog makes me feel sick but I'm blending mine with 500g natural yoghurt, 400g frozen fruit, 1 banana, 100-250mls skimmed milk and this gives me 4-5 drinks. Ask your dietician/provider if that would be ok if it means you stick to it? Sainsburies do loads of different bags if frozen fruit so you can vary the smoothed flavours

Back