• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nesquik Milk Shake!!!

mightyminx49

Proud grandmother of 7
Hi everyone,

I have bought some Nesquik Milk shake powder and wonder if this is ok to add to my daily milk allowance. It has no artificial sweetners, flavours or colours.

3 teapoons added to 200mls of semi skimmed milk has 3.5g of fat but has 7g of protein and 24.4g carbohydrates. Does anyone know if this is ok for pre-oppers diets???

Not sure mighty-minx I brought some weight watchers hot chocolate mix tried it before the pre-op diet as a shake mix with cold milk was good but not using anything but plain milk and the yoghurts during pre-op so I don't risk the liver not shrinking enough if hidden sugars etc in it. Only change is sf jelly rather than oxo.

I have made some sugar free jellies with milk and have had some oxo..... ymmmmm love oxo. I haven't had any of the milkshake yet as I was concerned about the liver shrikage thing. Just wanted a change to plain milk and I dislike chocolate milk shake of flavours. Chocolate has to be cadbury's and in blocks LOL :D

That's quite a lot of carbs. I'm almost positive that's going to be a no!

You'd need to check with your dietician but if they said yes I'd be gobsmacked. Most of those carbs will be sugars, no artificial sweetener just means the sugar in it is natural, probably fructose, but still sugar all the same.

The liver shrinking diet has to be low carb or it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and I am glad I didnt have any. Shelbell, thanks for that info about the carbs or lack thereof, shrinking my liver. I bloody well hope after all the fussing I have been doing over what I can and can't have, my liver does shrink. Don't think I could go through all this palarva again :D

All the supermarkets sell the sugar free crusha I lived on it along with my milky coffee for the 5% and pre op diets

I love me sf Crusha! They have it in banana at the co-op at the moment, and most places do strawberry and raspberry. I think they do chocolate as well. Make sure you pick up the sugar free mind you lol !

I think I will have to pop to town to tesco's after I have my PAAC appointment in the morning. :thankyou:

Back