• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

CHUCKY

hi all i am 6.5 months post op and have lost 6.5 stone.
THis last month i joined the gym and have only lost 5.5lb very dissapionted but i have lost 14 inch in various places.
can anyone tell me if its normal to loose less when you start excersizing or do i need to change things?
Thankyou x

very normal Julie. You are just ahead of me, but I have been exercising for a few months now and my weight loss has virtually ground to a halt although I am shrinking rapidly.

Ive only lost 5lb in the last month and its very disheartening, but as long as Im still losing Im happy - however slow it is!

Great weight loss so far hun, and well done on all your hard work in the gym xx

Hi Julie i lost 7 stone in 6 months then it all went abit ski-wiff! I missed a period for the first time since my op and went the whole of december without losing any weight this became my first stall my only consolation was that it had been my first ever xmas without putting on any weight! Since the new year i have lost almost a stone and a half which i know is still good but it does seem to have slowed down quite abit and i have now gone another 2wks without weightloss. I cant give advice on the excersise as (very embarrased)i havent done any! I know i know i hould hang my head in shame but know the sun has started to shine i will dust off my bike and get my butt in gear! Let us know how you get on, i do think after the first 6 months weightloss will be hit n miss but this is fine as it still does come off just not at the same rate.

The other thing to consider of course is that as you exercise, you build up your muscle mass. Muscle is heavier than fat & therefore you will see your weight loss slow down, but will probably find clothes are loser than they had preivously been.

It seems that the weight loss really slows down after 6 months (only my perception of whats posted, emphasised by the difficulty I am currenlty facing) I wonder if thats factual???

Back