• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass HELP

Keza Roo

Hi I am new on this site and I had my gastric bypass on the 3rd Oct 2011 I am on stage 2 which is fluid and pureed and I am findin trouble what to have. I am eatin soups,scrambled egg,chicken and mashed blender with a inch of its life but I am gettin bored with just eatin these each day
Anyone can help will be really gratefully xx

Ali_B

Go shopping for different types of soup. You can get some really nice fresh ones in Sainsburys. I found these a life saver.
Peanut butter and extra light cheese triangles for flavours.
Good luck, the first 12 weeks you do struggle with variety.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Fish in sauce, mince & gravy, mushed up baked beans, quinoa added to soup, baked sweet potato with low fat cream cheese, tuna mayo, risotto made with pulses instead of rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

joffy01582

just a tip

i try not to buy too much in one go ........ your tastes will change so don't buy too much of any one thing ;)

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Go shopping for different types of soup. You can get some really nice fresh ones in Sainsburys. I found these a life saver.
Peanut butter and extra light cheese triangles for flavours.
Good luck, the first 12 weeks you do struggle with variety.

Go easy on the peanut butter. I dumped badly on a low fat low sugar one a couple weeks ago.

Cheesey mash is good, tinned meats blitzed are a lifesaver too. Don't forget you can add spices and flavourings

Good luck

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi Kerry, You OK sweetie? All my tastes have changed since the op & find a lot of things I used to like make me feel nauseous. If there is anything you really fancy & it can be blitzed ... go for it. I had tinned spaghetti for lunch :eek: haven't had that since I was at school but really fancied it & it was yummy. I am having smoothies, readybrek, weetabix, babybels, cottage cheese, tuna, fish, cottage pie, all the usual suspects. Even managed a tiny portion of lasagne yesterday not blitzed but mashed with my fork. I am managing 6 meals including snacks most days now which I could not have imagined last week. Hope you can take plenty from the previous posts, honey but I have a good diet sheet I can email to you if you would like ... take care xxx :):)

Keza Roo

God hun I am just havin 3 meals a day I didnt think u could hav anythin like cottage pie and spaghetti on that stage I hav been followin that book what they gave us,been feelin quite down about it really. If u could e-mail me that that would be great. How r u goin with sleeping I still cant get a good position. So glad you are doing really well twinkle xxx

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
God hun I am just havin 3 meals a day I didnt think u could hav anythin like cottage pie and spaghetti on that stage I hav been followin that book what they gave us,been feelin quite down about it really. If u could e-mail me that that would be great. How r u goin with sleeping I still cant get a good position. So glad you are doing really well twinkle xxx

No probs, honey. What is your email address? I am fine sleeping now, couldn't sleep on my side until last Tuesday but great now. I am a tummy sleeper so it was not nice sleeping on my back. It will happen for you too, sweetie xxx

Keza Roo

My e-mail address is [email protected] I hav just started sleepin on my side how u goin with yr weight I hav lost 1 stone 3 pounds in 2 weeks was rite shocked. Thanks hun xxx

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
My e-mail address is [email protected] I hav just started sleepin on my side how u goin with yr weight I hav lost 1 stone 3 pounds in 2 weeks was rite shocked. Thanks hun xxx

Hi sweetie, will send it now. That is a brilliant weight loss, congratulations. :) I have not lost anything since before my op up to last Wednesday but have not weighed myself since. :cry: Might ring the dietician tomorrow. Will have to learn patience, me thinks xxx :)

Keza Roo

Hi Twinkle thanks for the e-mail found some really good things. When do you go to the hospital to see Ackroyd? Xx

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi Twinkle thanks for the e-mail found some really good things. When do you go to the hospital to see Ackroyd? Xx

I have 2 appointments ... 16/11 for the dietitian & 17/11 with Mr Ackroyd. Shame they couldn't all be on the same day but cest la vie. When do you see Dr Patel? xx :)

Keza Roo

I see the Dietian and Mr Patel on the 9th Nov xx