• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

start of week5

janelouise

Hi all right I'm on the 3rd stage of eatin, but I'm really struggling with getting food down, it keeps gettin stuck. Today I was told to have an 2 egg omeltte with cheese snd a slice of toast I ate bout half but not sure if I am doin the right things anybody got any other food suggestions.
Thanks all xx

Hi all right I'm on the 3rd stage of eatin, but I'm really struggling with getting food down, it keeps gettin stuck. Today I was told to have an 2 egg omeltte with cheese snd a slice of toast I ate bout half but not sure if I am doin the right things anybody got any other food suggestions.
Thanks all xx

Sorry, not familiar with whether you are a bander, bypasser or if you've had a sleeve....but a 2 egg omlette with cheese & a slice of toast????? Lol, there is no way I could eat that & I'm a bypasser almost 5 months out! Are you still on soft foods or are you supposed to be on solids now?

Have a read through some of the stickys in the post-op diet section (Post-Op Diet - WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Support); they should help you in deciding what sorts of foods are suitable & when to try them. As with anything though, they are just guidelines, much is trial & error on your behalf, but never be tempted to eat more than you feel comfortable with, just because someone has said that is how much you should be eating. It is a highly personal thing how much each individual can manage to eat post-op & varies from person to person, and also with what you are eating. Hth xx

Good luck with your 5th Week Jane, sounds like you are really doing well... I'm planning on loads of fish type meals for this week... protein first and filling up with goodness... all the best Angel... love and hugs xxx

Thanks I'm a sleeve I think I will go back on to purrad food for a few days and try again I know it's all trial and error just don't want to push my body to much thanks for your replys xxxx

Good luck Jane... always at your side. Love and hugs xxx

See how you feel, I wouldn't necessarily go back to purees, unless you feel you've moved onto solids too soon? I would suggest persevering with solids, but just try much smaller portions...when I first went onto solids, literally a few mouthfulls would fill me up & I was done xxx

Hi janelouise,

i had my sleeve on the 8th and was advised:

2 weeks liquids
2 weeks puree (think baby food consistency)
2 weeks mushy (mashed potato/milky weetabix)
Then solids (cant come quick enough haha)

But they have advised that i will be eating approximately what i can put on a saucer plate. I'd say a 2 egg omlette is bigger than that, and the toast has to fit on the plate too! So id say it was too much, but you did the right thing by listening to your body and stopping x

Back