• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

suzie123

Hi

Please can someone help I have booked my gastric band op for 3rd may and have the consultation on weds 25th April. and have paid a deposit but I seem to have talked myself out of it.

It's all what ifs I am not frightened of the operation its the aftercare bit the being sick getting food stuck chewing it etc etc.

I started the pre op diet a week ago and the last two days i have sucummbed to slight treats I have no will power this is one of the reasons I wanted it done.

I also smoke and there is no way i can give up before I have it done.

Can someone please give me some advice.

Many Thanks

sue

Suzie...

You need to want this.

Im 6 days out of the hospital from having a band done. I had a pre op diet for 2 weeks before that. And ive just been to get my dressings off...At the nurses office I got weighed. Now my pre op milk diet started on the 3rd April 2012. and upon being weighed today I learnt that ive lost 24lbs....in under 3 weeks!!! -So yes, I know this was the best thing ive ever done!

I feel normal, did so 2-3 days after surgery, just with a tiny bit of stabbing pain in the belly. Im on mushy foods now, so mashed potato and such like. and in a week or two, I am to introduce foods back into my diet.

If you read other banders on this site, loads have stuck to it, used the band as its intended, with a low fat diet, and using the gym. Its a new lifestyle, a new way of life...and what the bonus is...your going to be a lighter you....

So if you wanna be a lighter you....and do a new lifestyle...then really think about this pathway....x

suzie hi am jackie noone can tell u wots best for u , but u need to ask yourself do u snack,or have big meals or do u do both. iam not the best person to anwser this as i had band fittered in may ,lost 3st in 5 mouths and had trouble with it and now puttin on weight at this point i feel down and mad at myself for puttin myself and family in debt , hope it turns out better for u xx

hi thanks to both of you yes i do snack and dont realise ive done it half of the time and eat big meals. I start a diet then after a few weeks start weakening.

I do want it then i dont want it done its the wating thats killing me I had an op on my shoulder weeks ago and am still recovering from that so all this sitting at home doing nothing is getting to me. I will go to the consultation then decide

Hi Suzie, I think you do want the op and it's just pre op nerves getting to you, I bet everyone on here has had their doubts as their op date draws near.
Good luck with your consultation and keep us posted with your progress. :)

Bluebutterflier...24lbs in 3 weeks is amazing! Well done you

suzie123 said:
hi thanks to both of you yes i do snack and dont realise ive done it half of the time and eat big meals. I start a diet then after a few weeks start weakening.

I do want it then i dont want it done its the wating thats killing me I had an op on my shoulder weeks ago and am still recovering from that so all this sitting at home doing nothing is getting to me. I will go to the consultation then decide

Maybe given your eating habits you may need a different op.

You could have snacked on your pre op diet through stress. But if you really want your op, please have a big talk with yourself (((hugs)))

Do you normally snack AND eat big meals? I did at the time if referral (I am NHS). But decided the band was right for me. Then I really thought about it and realised the bypass would suit me better.

But regardless of that, any tool can work amazing if you truly want it to work and are ready to commit to the changes.

Rather than feeling daunted, try to feel excited about what your op could bring for you. Last minute jitters are normal. But just spend sometime really focusing on what you need to do to make this work, think about the future you and get excited. This is YOUR time :) xxx

Hi Suzie, I think you do want the op and it's just pre op nerves getting to you, I bet everyone on here has had their doubts as their op date draws near.
Good luck with your consultation and keep us posted with your progress. :)

Bluebutterflier...24lbs in 3 weeks is amazing! Well done you

Damn it, I calculated wrong. its 18lbs in 3 weeks...but its still a big loss...:)

What i will say is...when I went for my consultation, I was asked many questions about my eating habits...to determine which gastric surgery was best for me.

You need to think about your relationship with food. Is it a binge eating affair, is it a picking and dips/crisps/chocolate one...Is it a eat as much as you like big plate portion one, is it stress or emotional eating...theres so many reasons why we have got big in the past...just try thinking about it...

If its more sweet, then a bypass or sleeve maybe the best bet, but I cant tell you which way to go, nor can anyone else. As I said, talk to the professionals. As you seem to be dithering about the band. So that means your not certain.

Hi Suzie,

I am due to have band on 13th may. I havnt started pre op diet yet til sunday. Im about a week from consult and ive read and read and read on here and posted a few times. I want this done but have them under lying worries will it work? am i strong enough? have i choose right op? (altho could afford bypass) im on this site 3 or 4 times a day lol cos i have no one to discuss what im doing with. ive got to say its helping a load reading other peoples experiences and not feeling alone. i dunno how im gonna do it but im going too!!!!!!! Im frightened about never being able to eat them nice things again but...... do i need em?

good luck with your journey hope to follow soon all the best :)

Back