• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems after my third fill please help me!

Monalisa

Advice needed for someone whose supposed to know what they are doing !
I had a band reposition in January and since I've not had a lot of restriction went for my third fill on Thursday had 1ml put in taking me to 5ml In a 10cc band last time I lost most of my weight at 6ml
I have spent the weekend being sick on liquids think I aggravated it by having a McDonalds milkshake feel silly saying this cos I know it's not good I have also been coughing all last nt which I previously suffered from before the second surgery So has panicked me. I have rang the nurse I can have a defil weds morn or go to a and e for a complete unfil which I don't want to do. My question is do people think I should persevere and see if it settles in case I've aggravated it the swelling etc or go for a defil I've never been through this before following a fill
Please help
Thanks x

If it was me I'd get a complete defil. Being sick with a band isn't good & if it's liquids it sounds like your better getting it sorted sooner rather than later

I had a lot of problems a bit like this when I had my band but never needed a complete defill. They just took a little out & I drank water or they looked at how things were with the barium if it was done under Xray control.

Advice needed for someone whose supposed to know what they are doing ! I had a band reposition in January and since I've not had a lot of restriction went for my third fill on Thursday had 1ml put in taking me to 5ml In a 10cc band last time I lost most of my weight at 6ml I have spent the weekend being sick on liquids think I aggravated it by having a McDonalds milkshake feel silly saying this cos I know it's not good I have also been coughing all last nt which I previously suffered from before the second surgery So has panicked me. I have rang the nurse I can have a defil weds morn or go to a and e for a complete unfil which I don't want to do. My question is do people think I should persevere and see if it settles in case I've aggravated it the swelling etc or go for a defil I've never been through this before following a fill Please help Thanks x

My band not only has a very fine tipping point, the line between eating and nothing whatsoever going down, but it also self tightens on a regular basis. So I have been in that position a number if times over the last 8 years and eventually developed severe reflux. Based on my own experience, after being too tight my surgeon always recommended a 2ml unfill. The swelling caused by the coughing needs a chance to settle down and this can take a good few weeks, if not more.

Please be careful with your band when things like this happen, I would not wish the severe reflux on anyone. Maybe ask your GP about something to help you with the reflux. Like Omeprazole.

Good luck with it. x

Ps the only way I am coping now until my revision to bypass Wednesday is because I have a total unfill.

Hi weggie I've had the severe reflux total unfil and then a reposition op I have esmoprazale but prob not staying down for long enough at mo go to have a defil on weds fed up with it all good luck with your bypass starting to wish I was joining you xx

Hi weggie I've had the severe reflux total unfil and then a reposition op I have esmoprazale but prob not staying down for long enough at mo go to have a defil on weds fed up with it all good luck with your bypass starting to wish I was joining you xx

Sorry too hear that I hope you find some relief soon, I can really sympathise been there too many times.

Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Good luck Wednesday also.xxx

Back