• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

COMING HOME AFTER OP

misselvis

I have read all the books leaflet the hospital have give to look at

can someone tell me what i do when i come home after op
14th oct

drink, food etc
any help would be grateful for

thank you
kay xx

What are you having done? Most probably you will be on liquids depends on what you are having done. Also different docs Have different rules. Bit whatever you it is I wish you a speedy recovery keep us posted.

Lots of soups, NAS squash, pouring yogurt which is good for making smoothies. Some frozen berries and bananas (for smoothies). Skimmed milk powder. Stock cubes and some veg incase you want to make your own soup. Slim fast, milk, sugar free ice poles, fresh fruit juices, tea and coffee.

I'd reccommend you getting some benefibre aswell. It helped stop me getting constipated :)

Make sure that you've done all your housework, laundry and personal things like legs (etc) shaving and shopping before you go into hospital.

I wasn't up to it for about 2 weeks afterwards, but hey I didn't miss out as my husband left it all for me to do ;)

We had a couple of extra trips to Waitrose as the home made soups that I prepared, I couldn't eat so had to resort to yukky tinned, and fruit juice which I also hate :9529:

Good luck!!!!

Back