• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

rayner

I am on my second day of the purée stage and im eating a lot more than expected !! i can eat a whole weetibix and not even feel full ?? do i eat until im full or do i limit what i eat ?? I have spoken with my dietician and she says that every1 is different on the amount they can eat and drink !!! I have also been able to drink large amounts of liquid straight after my op... im confused as the whole reason for the op was to limit the amount of food i eat :confused:

You have still eaten less. Bet you cud have more than one weetabiz before. Everyone is different, eat until your satisfied.

You will know when you have had enough, your chest will feel tight and sometimes feels like something is stuck in your wind pipe, some people are sick, once you start to recognise when you have had enough you will be able to recognise portion sizes, look at your info sheet and pay attention to weighing out specific things and then remember what size each portion was of that specific food, not good to go back to measuring everyting hence the tea plate but once you have seen what a portion is you can guestimate it on the little tea plate then you will know you are having the required amount which will allow you to be satisfied but to lose weight also. xx

I am 5 weeks post op and I never eat till I am full. I am not sure that I am supposed to do that? When you say you can eat more, do you mean that there is still room, or that you are not satisfied? At SRH you go straight on purée, so I am not sure how many weeks post op you are as I cannot see the profile on my iPad. When I came out of hospital, I would have 1/2 a weetabix, but I didn't feel full, but nor did I feel hungry or the desire to eat more. It has been the same for me ever since. I have just had my lunch that consisted of 2oz chicken breast and 1oz of cottage cheese. I don't feel full, but satisfied. I am also worried about eating till I am full because I am scared that if I do it consistently I will stretch my pouch.
Therefor I would say that if you feel satisfied a half a weetabix, leave it at that. Personally, I found ready brek much more filling for the same amount, but as you get onto having denser foods, the restriction will improve. Just to add that I have also been able to drink liquids in large volumes since day one, that in not necessarily a bad thing, just remember not to eat and drink together:)

Don't think I made myself too clear on the fact that i have never eaten too much where i have been bad I have always stopped before that point an deven now 9months on still don't over eat and push my pouch but know thta I have eaten required amounts, sound sensible?? xx

jenny im eating 1 weetibix and i do not feel full ...... and the same with dinner and tea... i find that i have to stop myself eating .... but yes i am satisfied !!! but my worry is i no i can eat more, and like you i dont want to stretch my pouch.... Its strange because i dont feel like i have had anything done ..... i guess every1 is different with the amounts they can drink and eat....... i dont no if im lucky or unlucky ha ha......

jenny im eating 1 weetibix and i do not feel full ...... and the same with dinner and tea... i find that i have to stop myself eating .... but yes i am satisfied !!! but my worry is i no i can eat more, and like you i dont want to stretch my pouch.... Its strange because i dont feel like i have had anything done ..... i guess every1 is different with the amounts they can drink and eat....... i dont no if im lucky or unlucky ha ha......

I am exactly the same. I thought that I would feel different in myself after the op, but just like that I don't. My stomach doesn't feel any different at all, which is a good thing. The only change I have noticed is that I don't feel hungry and I done crave the sweet or fatty stuff I had before. In fact well before my op I once said to my DH that I wished I could have the relationship with food that that I have with alcohol, in that I can take it or leave it and never craved it. I feel I have that now.

Please don't worry, what you are going through is absolutely normal, or is to me anyway. If i could give two pieces of advice to anyone who has had a gastric bypass, they would be (1.) Register with MyFitnessPal and keep a food diary to monitor calories and protein. At this stage you are probably much more likely to not be eating enough, rather than too much. (2.) Buy yourself a toddler plate. I got 6 for £1 from Tesco. As long as you what you are eating will fit on the toddler plate, you are unlikely to stretch your pouch.

They are the main rules that I follow, but I am sure someone much more experienced than me will be able to add additional tips that we can both benefit from. :)

Are you chewing twenty times and allowing twenty seconds between bites and not eating for longer than twenty minutes? Maybe smaller cutlery would help .. initially I used children's cutlery .. x

Back