• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help quantity of food on puree stage

sezzer13

I was just wondering if anyone can help me i am on the second week of puree stage could someone tell me the amount of food they have eaten at this stage. I dont really get the full feeling x

I think it's quite an individual thing. I drink a lot more than I eat. But I do have a tiny 15ml pouch! 2 tbsps of anything more than thin soup and I'm full!

I was advised to try two to three tablespoons for each meal at the beginning, due to swelling. Hope that helps.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me i am on the second week of puree stage could someone tell me the amount of food they have eaten at this stage. I dont really get the full feeling x

Hi, I'm 3 weeks out and last week and this week I am still only managing just under 1/2 a small ramekin.

I don't really get a full feeling just a feeling in my chest (like a pain but it's not painful if you know what I mean!). This week I have started to notice that I do get slight hunger pangs when I am due to eat, but nothing like before - it just reminds me that it's time.

I think from what I can remember I used to have tin of Heinz chken n veg big soup but in 3 portions pureed. I used my sheet from hospital about the weight for meat till I got to know what portion of protein I needed, 1/2 Weetabix with ss milk, 1 sachet of porridge was in 2 to 3 portions. 1 pot of lowfat custard that the yoghurt pot size used to be 2-3 portions with s/f jelly or pureed fruit. My diet sheet was based on portions a day. 6 protein, 2 veg 2 fruit, 2 carbs 2 litres water or as much as you can manage, peppermint tea used to help combat queasiness and wind and because it take so long to drink things it is nice both hot cool and cold very refreshing and cleans the palate because most of us suffer from bad breath or bad taste in the mouth after bypass in the early days xx Hope that's of help but I know each hosp is different and I am over 2 yrs out. xx I must say however that most of my meals on th epuree and soft food stage I would have once a day a proper sunday lunch. On a Sunday I would male the lunch and make enough portions to have one each day and freeze them, at least then you know you are getting fresh food with nothing added, and its healthy and nutricious. Even now I still keep a plate of dinner for the next day the same with shepherds pie n veg and mince n dumplings, quick and easy xx

Back