• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

help

janetbr01

Hi this is my second time on the wls site.
I first had a gastric band in 2011 which did not work I actually put more weight on, so on the 13.05.2014 I have had a gastric bypass and I am know into my third week not knowing what to expect, or what happens next, I have tried to read up on what weight loss is expected after the first few weeks, but that seems difficult, and I am sticking to the hospital diet but yesterday I started to get hunger prangs and didn't know if this was suppose to happen can anyone please advise me I feel as if no matter how much I read on the internet I don't seem to get anywhere. :rolleyes:

Just relax, give your team a call & see what they suggest. 3wks out is still recovery period so keep fluids up & rest.

Easily done .... I concentrated on, fluids, tea, coffee, cup a soups, horlics lite & yogurt for a month...then did smooth like b.beans & cheese, quorn, fish in sauce, all whizzed up for 2 wks.
Try not to stress, everything tightens up etc x

Hi Janet,

I was bypassed on the 15th May, I have moved onto purees. I haven't yet felt any hunger, but haven't had any restriction either, so I panic a bit too that I'm stretching my pouch without realising. I know they tell you not to, but I'm keeping track of what I'm eating and only getting about 400-500 calories a day, so know I can't be overdoing it, but I just want to feel some kind of restriction.

Was it actual hunger you were feeling? Sometimes it can be that you really just need a drink and sometimes its because you are bored or a trigger crops up which used to be a sign for you to eat, like a certain tv programme when you used to go grab some biccies or something while you used to watch it. Just a thought. Hopefully you will get some help if you phone your team. xx

Hiya Janet, im a week post op and 'felt' hungry yesterday but I know it wasn't actual hunger it was boredom of just being on fluids and also because I was having a bad day and im and emotional eater and I didnt have my crutch to fall back on anymore.

Your still healing, stick with the dietry guidelines you have been given and try not to panic, our bodies are still adjusting to this massive change. I think once we have surgery we will see instant results but that's not always the case.

Keep your chin up and keep in contact with your bariatric nurse and stay on here to keep you motivated :)

I felt hungry all the time when I was on liquids. Now that im starting regular foods I don't feel hunger. I am just thirsty all the time is my battle recently. I just recently felt like my restriction just kicked in give it time and im sure it will.

I have had normal hunger from day one. I actually find it useful - I know when it's hunger and when it's hea hunger. Start listening to the signals from your bodies.

Back