• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help

Hi Dave congrats on getting your date :)

Really can't answer this for you as every provider has different "plans" so no doubt you will be given a diet plan to follow nearer the big day :). Any idea how long they want you on the LSD for?? The length of plan can vary so much too. I have seen some on it for six weeks and others for just one ...I was two weeks but had been on a strict eating plan for six months prior to that anyway.
The whole purpose is of course to shrink that liver and make it "floppy" so as to make it easier for the surgeon to move it & other things around. The diet reduces the glycol levels in the liver so in order to do so usually requires that your carbs, fat and sugar intake are drastically reduced Most importantly of all is that alcohol should be abstained from as this contains high levels of glycol and could really scupper things if you don't. The first few days are the worst to be truthful as the body suffers carb withdrawals ...I was literally a bear with a sore head but then on the fourth day I was over it and raring to go... Good luck hun :)

Hi Thanks, sorry for delay in replying new to all this etc lol, I have no idea how long and what diet etc, got an appt to see diet lady exactly 6weeks prior to surgery .... Gulps :(

All the very best on whichever LSD you end up doing

Back