• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Im scared and losing sleep

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Hi everyone
This is my first post, so pleased ive found a group which offers so much support. Im 10 weeks into the 18 week waiting list and im so excited and so frightened about everything. im hoping that reading all the stories will help to calm my anxiety. its made me realise what a woose i am! A lot of people have been mentioning sleep apnea tests, does everyone have one of those? Im having a gastric sleeve op at st georges london, and all ive had from them is a letter to say im on the list and will hear nearer the time? Any information will be great. Thanks Kim

Hi hun I'm 2 weeks post op and like you was excited and terrified, I had to have sleep apnea test but some hospitals are different, they might book u in for a sleep test! We will all be here to help you hun, try not to worry xxx

Like Bex says different criteria for different hospitals , i know there are people here that have been through your hospital , sure they will be by soon to help you

hi and welcome

Hi bexs
how did everything go and how are you feeling. you must be on clear liquids, what are you living on and has your appetite decreased like i was told it would?

Hi Kim,

At St Georges they only test you for sleep apnoea based on certain criteria picked up through their assessment process.

They also seem to be regularly behind the 18 week time on the waiting list - I was almost on their list but Ashford & St Peters have started operating so I was put on their list. Two weeks ago Mr Irakulla told me St Georges are currently running at a 6 month waiting time.

Good luck,

Tatiana

Hi. I'm having mine at St.Georges on the 7th Nov. and what you have said is pretty normal. You wont need a sleep apnea test unless you stated that you think you suffer from it. By the sounds of it we are very lucky with St.Georges as they don't make you jump through loads of hoops and right from the beginning you have funding. It's fab. You've been quite lucky with the time frame as it's usually around 2 years or 3 if like me you end up having a heart attack just as you go onto the waiting list. lol. I don't know where you live but I meet up with another really lovely lady in Ikea who had a sleeve in August this year and another girl met with us last week too. You're always welcome to join us if you fancy a coffee sometime.

Hope you get your date soon, it's very exciting.

Love Kate x

Heres hoping its a smooth journey for you :)
Welcome to the board its a great source of infomation and support.

Thanks everyone, you lot are the only people who i have to talk about it with xx

A warm welcome to the WLS community Kim. You may soon find you can take a friend, colleague or family member into your confidence, but in the meantime you'll find the answers here.

welcome and good luck kim :) xxx

Welcome to this fabulous forum. Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

Hi just like you i once was scared of having the opp its a life changing opp my best advice for you is to do your research find out what you want to find out then when your happy sit back and relax
As for sleep apnea i suffer from this the first test they do is an epworth test but be honist about it they
then do an oVer night test.
You will be fine be positive and stay positive and all will be fine see you on the losers bench
Turks101

Back