• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here comes the worry...

Wobbletogo

Likes to read
As some of you know I have today returned from Turnov following gasric plication surgery.

I have been suffering terribly from trapped wind the past 2 days which everyone says is normal, but I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof, can't sit for longer than 5 mins...should it be this bad?

Also yesterday I started sneezing and had a runny nose but found I could not "sniff" in. Was coughing this morning and now my breathing is quite shallow. I have spoken to the Dr in Turnov and he says it could be response to the anaesthetic but as long as it didn't start after my flight not to worry.

Famous last words. Now I could say all my symptoms are suggestive of a pulmonary embolism, but I know I've had blood thinners daily and wore my sexy surgical stockings so I don't think it is that, but has anyone had anything similar that might explain it?

I alsofeel really drained but not too tired.

I had a very similiar thing when I had my veins done years ago. Breathing went shallow then hurt to breathe apparently it's where they incubate you. If you are too worried ring NHS direct sweetie

If you're worried just get checked out. It's better to be safe. I don't want to scare you but many symptoms can seem the same and only a medical team can make sure it's not something more serious.

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I agree!! it probably isn't anything awful, but much better to just get it checked out for your own peace of mind.. hope you feel better soon xx

Get it checked out Wobble, it's probably nothing but the peace of mind you'll get will be a great stress relief for you.
Take care.
Em xxxx

but I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof, can't sit for longer than 5 mins...should it be this bad?

This bit I had after my sleeve. I was tired, in pain, desperately needing sleep but unable to get 8 hours solid rest at any time ..... kept getting "fitful" rest in fits and starts, as some ache or pain or symptom or other would wake me up.

And could not sit or lie still in any position for longer than 5 mins -- kept tossing and turning and not being comfortable at all.

(Can just about remember it altho it does seem donkeys years ago now -- it lasted for such a short amount of time and I was back to sleeping soundly within a few weeks.)

As some of you know I have today returned from Turnov following gasric plication surgery.

I have been suffering terribly from trapped wind the past 2 days which everyone says is normal, but I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof, can't sit for longer than 5 mins...should it be this bad?

Also yesterday I started sneezing and had a runny nose but found I could not "sniff" in. Was coughing this morning and now my breathing is quite shallow. I have spoken to the Dr in Turnov and he says it could be response to the anaesthetic but as long as it didn't start after my flight not to worry.

Famous last words. Now I could say all my symptoms are suggestive of a pulmonary embolism, but I know I've had blood thinners daily and wore my sexy surgical stockings so I don't think it is that, but has anyone had anything similar that might explain it?

I alsofeel really drained but not too tired.
probably you have some nervous anxiety caused by the whole procedure which includes the anaesthetic. I did feel some but not as bad as you describe. I also had the runny nose, sneezing and cough which only lasted for a couple of days.
I felt drained when I returned home but high and the tiredness set in after a few days.
of course you should seek a medical opinion if you are at all worried regarding clots especially but as you say all precautions were taken regarding that. still if it unsettles you check it out
I just noticed that another person says that the wind could be caused by drinking too fast - do not know if that is the case

Last edited:
thanks for all your support and replies. i seem to be able to sleep in 3-hrly stints at the moment so I have now had 6hrs sleep and feel a fair bit better. I've noticed the breathing is more a problem through the nose, so wondering if there were tubes up the nose during the op and that's caused an inflamation. Will chat with the pharmacist later when I get some windeze!!

I do hope you are feeling better today wobble. You did not have it easy after the op and then the travelling home doesn't help
Please keep us informed of your progress - and, of course weight loss

Am feeling much better today Angee. Have seen Pharmacist and got some windeze so hoping that will help. Breathing is much better. Had my first vanila latte..decaf of couse, couldn't drink it all but was nice anyway, just had my first strained cupa soup and actually managed all of that, so things are improving.

Have lost 14lb since started the pre-op and I noticied today I've had no pains in my ankle or knee so far, which might be down to resting more or might be down to less weight..time will tell :)

How are you doing? you must be looking forward to mushy food soon!

Hope your feeling better, just remember you only had your op about 96 hours ago which is no time at all.
I thought i was dying from the wind pain, im such a light weight!!
Keep drinking and resting, the body is an amazing thing and it will settle eventually.

Kim

Am feeling much better today Angee. Have seen Pharmacist and got some windeze so hoping that will help. Breathing is much better. Had my first vanila latte..decaf of couse, couldn't drink it all but was nice anyway, just had my first strained cupa soup and actually managed all of that, so things are improving.

Have lost 14lb since started the pre-op and I noticied today I've had no pains in my ankle or knee so far, which might be down to resting more or might be down to less weight..time will tell :)

How are you doing? you must be looking forward to mushy food soon!
congratulations on the weight loss - very good
I have had trouble getting my liquid meals down today so worried I might starve to death - do we ever stop worrying
YES I am really looking forward to mushy food with some taste in it. I used to put tabasco sauce in my diet packs when I did lighterlife but scared to do that at the moment.
Going to have my stitches out this afternoon - first appointment I could get because of the bank holiday.
The weight loss will certainly make a difference to your knees and ankles, although the rest has probably done some good at the moment a few more lbs off will make all the difference

Sooo glad u r on the mend. And brill Weight loss. R u sleeping better now hune? And has the wind eased a bit since you had the soup n windeaze? Keep us all posted with your progress.

Hi Wobble! Didn't realize you were having such a hard time! I'm sorry to hear it.
For the wind, I started taking windeze (well, something similar, active ingredient is "simeticone 120mg", twice a day, and it is really doing the job). About the breathing, could it be you caught a cold? With all the exhaustion and undecisive weather hot/cold/hot/cold/hot/...

Hi Wobble! Didn't realize you were having such a hard time! I'm sorry to hear it.
For the wind, I started taking windeze (well, something similar, active ingredient is "simeticone 120mg", twice a day, and it is really doing the job). About the breathing, could it be you caught a cold? With all the exhaustion and undecisive weather hot/cold/hot/cold/hot/...

I got some windeze this morning, had 2 tablets so far though it recommends 3-4. Not had a major effect so far. As for the breathing there is a suggestion it's a possible side effect of the oxygen drying out the nasal passages and they are now re-secreting so to speak. I had a long chat with nurse at work and she reassured me.

Surely it can all just get better :confused:

Hi Suzie, doing much better now, struggling to find my optimum "volume" capacity as I feel very full quickly and still have wind (but not as bad). Not managed much more than 300 calories a day, when I get overfilled it's really uncomfortable and it's a long time before I can drink again, but it's a learning curve. Have ordered some protein shots so I can at least get the protein without having to have the volume.

Had blood tests and stitches taken out today, nurse said wounds had healed really well though still scabby.

And most important of all...I got my nails put back on today yay!!

How are things going with you?

And most important of all...I got my nails put back on today yay!!
Can't wait to see a photo of them!!!

I didn't even know protein shots existed. Mmmmm....

How am I? All is well, as expected, just a little different than your experience since I don't feel any restriction (but my stomach does feel upset if I take in too much too fast). Still doing liquids, as the doctor ordered. Getting used to dealing with the hunger by drinking tea, but these first two months till my first adjustment are going to seriously suck :wave_cry:

I'm happy though. New approach to life. Also proud of myself for arranging the surgery in the CZR, since I never could have afforded it back home. Guess I'm proud that I did something effective about my situation, in spite of the drawbacks and potential risks, instead of yet another failed diet.

Today I got weighed in by my gyno and sad to say my scale at home is more favorable. lol.

Can I ask if you don't mind what you had done and how much different it costs to the UK? Curious

Back