• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here comes the worry...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better wobbletogo xx

Can I ask if you don't mind what you had done and how much different it costs to the UK? Curious

Was that aimed at me or Peggysue?

I had the gastric plication done, it cost 1800Euros, plus flights, in CZR. If I went to Professor Ammori in Manchester who is one of only 2 surgeons in the UK doing the procedure it would have cost £7500, plus travel of around £300 to get there and back by taxi! I'm not sure how in the world the UK surgeons can justify charging that much, it is a much simpler, quicker, less complicated procedure with no extra items required, ie all they need is a needle and thread! Even the father of the plication, Dr Talebpour only charges $2000 for it...RIP off Britain or what!

Peggysue had the band, she was comparing costs between Spain, France and CZR so it would be best to get her view on the differences, but I was quoted by The Hospital Group in UK £5000 for a band.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little bit better wobbletogo xx

Am feeling sooo much better now and getting into a nice pattern with my fluids. I think the idea is not to stress so much as that creates more wind that means you can take less fluid, then the cycle goes on and on lol

Just noticed I haven't taken any painkillers for 4 days, whereas pre-op I was on regular paracetamol and ibuprofen daily, plus my breathing is better and I can actually bend over to paint my own toenails without any lung constriction....am sooo happy right now, long may it continue :)

:greenapple::woohoo::banana dancer:

Peggysue had the band, she was comparing costs between Spain, France and CZR so it would be best to get her view on the differences, but I was quoted by The Hospital Group in UK £5000 for a band.
Hi Incognito! Are you considering the band? If yes, pls let me know so I can share my experience with you. Best,

No. I'm signed up for a sleeve but I was curious on how much different it was in cost to the uk.

Oh right. I have just parted with £7,500 that hurt lol

7,500 for a sleeve in the UK? I know the band is that much in the UK, thought the sleeve was more.

Yep. All paid for. Going in to kings college with Mr Patel. He was the cheapest and had really good reviews

Thanks, I'm bricking it to be honest

Glad to hear your feeling better. Lucky you with the nails. dont Think I'll be able to do that for a while
Good news that u r healing well. And not in so much pain. Well done hune.

Wobbletogo said:
Am feeling sooo much better now and getting into a nice pattern with my fluids. I think the idea is not to stress so much as that creates more wind that means you can take less fluid, then the cycle goes on and on lol

Just noticed I haven't taken any painkillers for 4 days, whereas pre-op I was on regular paracetamol and ibuprofen daily, plus my breathing is better and I can actually bend over to paint my own toenails without any lung constriction....am sooo happy right now, long may it continue :)

:greenapple::woohoo::banana dancer:

How are you doing Wobble? Seem alike you're feeling better from the wind pain which is good. Are you finding the fluids ok now? I'm bored with liquid now and got quite jealous of my 1 year old goddaughters lunch today - roll on next weekend when I can eat mush with her lol

How are you doing Wobble? Seem alike you're feeling better from the wind pain which is good. Are you finding the fluids ok now? I'm bored with liquid now and got quite jealous of my 1 year old goddaughters lunch today - roll on next weekend when I can eat mush with her lol

Doing really well now, I always had wind trouble before so I'm used to it. Still trying for a bowel movement, had lactulose daily and 2 senna yesterday but still no movement since Wednesday, am sure it has to happen soon lol

Getting on ok with fluids, am aiming for 3 weeks on it, but after having to stand next to a hotdog stall today not sure I'll make it lol

How are you feeling now? Do you get to a point you know youve had enough fluid?

I'm clearly not drinking enough water, but don't think I would be able to get the protein milk and soup in as well if I had 2 litres of water!

Wobbletogo said:
Doing really well now, I always had wind trouble before so I'm used to it. Still trying for a bowel movement, had lactulose daily and 2 senna yesterday but still no movement since Wednesday, am sure it has to happen soon lol

Getting on ok with fluids, am aiming for 3 weeks on it, but after having to stand next to a hotdog stall today not sure I'll make it lol

I'm clearly not drinking enough water, but don't think I would be able to get the protein milk and soup in as well if I had 2 litres of water!

I'm doing ok thanks. With milk and my new found addiction to Oxo, plus water I'm probably getting close to 2 litres most days but it is a struggle and I have to remind myself to keep sipping constantly.

I was desperate for something more filling to be honest so made some butternut squash soup yesterday. It's probably a bit thicker than it should be for this stage but the diet sheet from the hospital says we can have yoghurt and mousse at this stage and it's no thicker than that, and Ive blitzed it smooth so should be ok. I know I heal really quickly and feel ok after Ive had it, although I'm full after about 4 spoonfuls, so I'm not worrying. I'm sure my stomach will tell me if it doesn't like it!

I did have a bowel movement today - thankfully! You do start to worry about every noise or feeling though don't you and I've had some fabulous gurgles!

Gillykit said:
I'm doing ok thanks. With milk and my new found addiction to Oxo, plus water I'm probably getting close to 2 litres most days but it is a struggle and I have to remind myself to keep sipping constantly.

I was desperate for something more filling to be honest so made some butternut squash soup yesterday. It's probably a bit thicker than it should be for this stage but the diet sheet from the hospital says we can have yoghurt and mousse at this stage and it's no thicker than that, and Ive blitzed it smooth so should be ok. I know I heal really quickly and feel ok after Ive had it, although I'm full after about 4 spoonfuls, so I'm not worrying. I'm sure my stomach will tell me if it doesn't like it!

I did have a bowel movement today - thankfully! You do start to worry about every noise or feeling though don't you and I've had some fabulous gurgles!

Im sat laughing at this now....unable to get to sleep because of the sounds coming from my stomach!

I'm pretty much feeling the same as you now gillykit, trying my best to get extra fluids in though not a fan of water so my go to is watered down apple juice. I think im suffering now because I did lasagne for hubby and daughter but couldnt help having a taste of the white sauce which was a bit too thick!

I'm not healing as well, was told to take dressings off today, but had to put 3 back on because the outer skin still hadn't closed properly. They don't looks infected just probably need a couple more days I hope.

Glad we wrapped up ladies seems to be settling into it now and its nice to have each other to chat to. Xx

I took a couple of dulcolax about a week ago when i was struggling, which were brill. Did the trick, and i have been fine since ;)

I took a couple of dulcolax about a week ago when i was struggling, which were brill. Did the trick, and i have been fine since ;)

I tool one dulcolax last night (I'm a scardy cat and won't take two when I know I'm out the next day!) Bit of movement this morning but not much...the rest might happen later..fingers crossed.

Are you on normal food now? I think once I come off fluid things will improve, I'm not a fan of soup so even my soups don't have much food in just flavouring so my body isn't getting anything substantial to mash up.

Weirdest thing though, I have a craving for roast pumpkin...dunno where that's come from lol

Back