• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new and recently had secret surgery only the husband knows

Hi I hope I've posted in the right place. Well has my title says I had surgery a week ago in the Dolan Park hospital in Birmingham. I didn't want anyone to know I was having it done so only my husband knows anything. Starting to feel much better since yesterday. Stupidly I have now started reading reviews on the hospital group and a lot of them are very poor. I decided to not do it beforehand otherwise I knew I would talk myself out of it. I was happy with the surgeon. I did feel a little rushed on the day after surgery. I arrived around 10am but my surgery didn't take place until 6pm. I was a little uneasy throughout the day has I could hear the guy in the room next door and he was in a lot of pain. Obviously he couldn't help this and I never got much sleep during the night and they was in my room by 6am to discharge me for around 8am. All staff I encountered was very nice.

So I forgot to add I had a gastric band fitted. I didn't need to do the diet before has I was only just meeting the criteria with a BMI of 30.9. My weight was approx 12.4 I would love to lose around 3 stone. I am 5 foot 2 inches so this is a ideal weight. I am a little concerned now to read some people haven't lost much and 1 woman on another group has lost 10 lbs in 2 years!! Also I can't believe how hungry I am still feeling and liquid food is just not doing it for me. I have took to making some food and blending it so it's runny. I really didn't expect to still feel this hungry. Is this normal? Thank you & good luck to all on your journeys.

Hello and welcome!

Congratulations on getting your band too. Although feedback can be helpful, remember this is your journey and there's no reason why you won't be successful.

The band is a great tool to restrict the amount you eat but what you eat is down to you. This starts with immediately post op, where its pretty standard to be on liquids only for two weeks, having been on the same for a pre op diet.

Yes its normal to feel hungry, I came round from the op feeling hungry but then again others don't feel hungry.

My advice for now would be to follow your post op eating plan to the letter and to make sure you get plenty of fluids in as its important to be hydrated. Sip your drinks slowly and move about little and often. So unless you plan says blending food is ok, which I doubt it is, then you need to stop doing this.

Have a read of some of the post op diet threads in the band section and you'll get an idea of what people were eating x

Thanks for your reply. It's just basically been my own homemade soup I am blending but I'll do has you've suggested and find them threads. Thanks. X

Back