• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Here in Belgium with surgery tomorrow....

top_kat

Wow the time has flown...and here I am in the hotel in Belgium ahead of surgery tomorrow morning for my band to MGB conversion!

It's going to be a long night as my own personal fear of GA has kicked in....

Everything you can cross please do so that they get the band out, that they're able to do the MGB bug more do that I wake up after :(o_O

Hannah2

Good luck! Hope it all goes well.

I was really worried about the GA but having just had one with my knee op I am not worried about that part anymore!

Hope you manage to get some sleep.

FeeBee

I'm sure everything has gone brilliantly and I'm looking forward to reading your updates x

top_kat

Well I'm alive lol

He said he may not be able to do band removal and bypass at same time, but he has. He's also given me a smaller stomach than normal and given me an extended bypass which is longer than normal too.

Am feeling just a bit of discomfort more so than anything although felt sick quite a lot, but they've been great here.

Hospital us so hot tho, no fans and the nurse opened the window only for the other lady in here to shut it as soon as the nurse left so I'm roasting. Plus she snored really loudly and decided to open curtains at 4am to watch the sun come up....what's that all about? Lol

So I've had zero sleep as with med changes at midnight and 4, obs done at 2 and 6 and bloods done at 445am it was like Piccadilly station in here lol

Still may sleep during the day, but up, dressed and feeling better :)

Lynneslims

So glad it all went well top-Kat. As you say you can catch up on your sleep later (I caught up for 10 days!!). But it's happened and you can move forward. Congratulations!!

ladilindy

Glad it all went well...I remember all the checks and meds...I just dozed when I could and made up for it when I got back to the hotel

Lynn x

FeeBee

So glad you're fine. I had some interesting women in my bag when I was recovering and out of HDU, I was so happy to get home and be able to start recovering in my own space :) When do you travel back?

Crystalrainbow

Soooooooooooo pleased all went well Kat....rest up when you can, recoup quickly and get home ,where you can recover and get back on that road :) hugs all round x x

Summer1992

Haha I remember how busy it was as well! I'm glad it has gone well for you, sorry about the discomfort, I hope it goes away soon. :)

top_kat

So glad you're fine. I had some interesting women in my bag when I was recovering and out of HDU, I was so happy to get home and be able to start recovering in my own space :) When do you travel back?

We are due out of the hospital this afternoon back to hotel for 2 nights and then fly Tuesday lunchtime. I have however on the other side got two train and a taxi journey as no-one can meet me at the airport. Thinking about booking a taxi transfer home though so shall see how I feel tomorrow :)

FeeBee

That sounds like a good idea - anything to make life easier for you x

Tia4908

Glad all went well for you Kat! Can't believe you got up & dressed the next day, I was so tired I slept for most of the hospital stay! I hope you have a safe journey home however you choose to get back.

Best of luck with your MGB, so glad Dr Chris was able to do both for you... Welcome back on the losers bench!! xx

los in it

Happy to see all went well all the best in your recovery x