• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hernia

Mr Sigurdsson did say at my consultation but I was trying to take so much information in that I have forgotten the answer. Why do they do a hernia repair op when they do the band. He said it was a preventative measure but why does a band make you have a hernia??!

He did my op but didn't mention that to me, maybe I've had done and I don't know, interesting questions looking forward to any replies :)

wildthing said:
He did my op but didn't mention that to me, maybe I've had done and I don't know, interesting questions looking forward to any replies :)

It confirmed he did it on the letter I have to give to my gp - did you keep a copy of your letter?

you must have a hernia to need the repair!I had a big one done at the same time to save more surgery and aneasthetic.They apply for the extra funding at the same time.Its not a routine thing cos if you dont have a hernia you wont need one!You would know if you had one if you didnt know but the surgeon found it,you have to sign for it on your paperwork before surgery.

Big an Bouncy said:
you must have a hernia to need the repair!I had a big one done at the same time to save more surgery and aneasthetic.They apply for the extra funding at the same time.Its not a routine thing cos if you dont have a hernia you wont need one!You would know if you had one if you didnt know but the surgeon found it,you have to sign for it on your paperwork before surgery.

Hi there. I am sure he said that there is something of a 0.1% chance of people with bands developing a hernia so he would put a stitch in to stop it happening. I signed for it when he brought the paperwork for me to sign before the op. I was just wondering why banders were likely to develop hernias.

Just spoken to my hubby who was in the consultation with me and he confirmed that Mr S said it's something he likes to do for all his patients so if he did yours recently I guess you have the stitch too.

Hi, when the surgeon did his rounds the following day he told me he had to repair a hernia which I'm very grateful for as my heartburn pre band was quite vicious, I thought it was just me being overweight! x

Back