• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hernia picks which op

rudders

Well....had appointment yesterday with my surgeon at the Chelsea & Westminster and although i had decided to have a sleeve, the Dr said he would recommend the bypass. But because i have a hernia i will need a barium swallow x-ray (on 18th Jan). This will determine what op he will do. I have been tasked with losing 2st in 3months EEK!!! i will do it!!!
Anyone else had the hernia situation?
thanks all
Rudders x

That is something you should always keep an eye on..
Especially around belly button...
Wish you well, heal....
Keep walking....
Eat Raw healthy Foods... : )

Well....had appointment yesterday with my surgeon at the Chelsea & Westminster and although i had decided to have a sleeve, the Dr said he would recommend the bypass. But because i have a hernia i will need a barium swallow x-ray (on 18th Jan). This will determine what op he will do. I have been tasked with losing 2st in 3months EEK!!! i will do it!!!
Anyone else had the hernia situation?
thanks all
Rudders x

Hi following my endoscopy they found a hernia. I have consented to a sleeve or bypass. Ideally a sleeve but the decision will be made dependent in the hernia. So I am in the same boat really!!

Hi Rudders,

If you don't mind my asking - why did the doc think you should have a bypass over a sleeve?

Hi Rudders,

If you don't mind my asking - why did the doc think you should have a bypass over a sleeve?

Course not, he said he would go for the bypass every time as its the gold standard. He also said that he does a lot of conversions from sleeve to bypass so he said if you're going under the knife why not go straight for the most effective. Makes sense but it did mean I had to rethink all my reasons for picking the sleeve. Now it's in the hands of my hernia x

Hi I was told if you have a hernia and acid reflux (in my case) that a bypass maybe better as heartburn can increase with a sleeve. I am in the same boat, my hernia will determine what I get - nice in a way that the decision will be made for me. I have started to suffer from heartburn so wouldnt want this to increase.

Hi I was told if you have a hernia and acid reflux (in my case) that a bypass maybe better as heartburn can increase with a sleeve. I am in the same boat, my hernia will determine what I get - nice in a way that the decision will be made for me. I have started to suffer from heartburn so wouldnt want this to increase.

Thanks borogirl, I don't know if it all in my head but I just started getting heartburn this week. I have a barium swallow X-ray on 18th so should know around then. X

Thanks borogirl, I don't know if it all in my head but I just started getting heartburn this week. I have a barium swallow X-ray on 18th so should know around then. X

I feel the same. Never suffered from it before but I do now. I have been given some medication. What will be will be I suppose. I will be more than happy with either op.
I started my diet AGAIN today so feel motivated. Called the Hosp for an update on my date but they said they are organising January ops. I have been told I am being done in feb. Not long to go now.
Best of luck to you x

Back