• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey everybody

ethansshaw

Hello all, I'm Ethan. I'll be having the Duodenal Switch on June 7th, I'm very excited about. toady I start my 10 day Pre-Op High Protein, Carbohydrate Reduced Diet. My surgeon is Dr. Prachand at the University of Chicago hospital. I'm currently 6'5" 430 lbs at 35 years old and living in Chicago.

Welcome Ethan and good luck for your op, i'm having the bypass on 10th June in Westminster London.

Welcome to the forum Ethan, The duodenal switch is not common in the UK and I for one will be interested in your progress.

Welcome Ethan. The wls forum is amazing and sure you will meet people that will encourage you throughout you new journey

Hello Ethan,

I'll be interested to hear about the duodenal switch as well, best of luck with your pre-op and your operation.

Leila x

Hi Ethan I had DS end November 2011 I had no regrets at all but be warned to keep an eye on your blood levels iron etc I have had trouble with very low anaemia I have also been told recently I have osteoporosis in my whole spine and both hips and although I already had slight thinning it has become much worse since DS. Malabsorbtion they believe is mostly to blame for the drop in density. I have lost over 12 and half stone now and it really has been quite easy that way and it's a very long time since I was so small :) good luck and if you need any questions answered I will if I can because there really aren't so many of us on here yet xx take care

Welcome, Ethan x

Welcome Ethan.
I'm from Italy and here DS is subsequent to failed or part-failed sleeves.
Were you sleeved before moving on to DS?
That's what my surgeon told me when I asked what he could do for me if I failed my sleeve.

Back