• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey everyone.... Surgery Monday the 10th!!!

DeeKaulfers

Live Laugh Love!
Hey everyone, I'm new here and am happy I came across this app for my iPad. My surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday, Jan 10th. I'm excited and nervous. This has all happened so quick that I think I'm still getting used to everything. I had my first surgeon visit in oct. of 2010, and here I am 3 months later having surgery. I finished my classes the 20th of dec. I'm happy I went to a surgeon that made us take classes, it taught me a lot and prepared me for the surgery. I'm having the roux-n-y bypass. I'm 25 married with 3 kids.
Excited to get to know this community....
So how was it for the members that are post op?
For those who aren't where are you in your journey so far?
Did anyone else have everything move soo quick?
Any info and advice would be awesome thanks everyone,
Dee.:eek::cool::eek::D:D

Hi and welcome.At the moment i am on the 5% reduction diet so that i can get an appointment with the surgeon.good luck with every thing.

Hi and welcome, I am waiting for a date for my op, so trying to maintain my weight or lose a bit if poss while I am waiting

Hi Dee and Welcome - Great to have you on the forum!

Had a gastric band 3 months ago! Slow progress for me, but I guess its not a race.

Good Luck with your surgery for Monday - Hope you make a good recovery - looking forward to you joining us on the losers bench!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hi Dee and welcome, good luck with your forthcoming surgery and keep us posted... I'll be following you hopefully in the next few weeks... love and hugs xxx

Thanks everyone..... It all kind of kicked in today. I have to start my 3 day liquid diet before surgery to help shrink my liver and it finally seems real now. Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.

Hi Dee, welcome to WLS and so pleased you have your date.

Mine went very quickly too, although I was private, from the day I decided what I wanted it was 6 weeks and I too had a bypass.

It was expensive and has nearly bankrupted us, but it is the best thing I have ever done. 7 months on 6.5 stone lighter and went from a 22/24 now a 14. You will not regret it and good luck on your journey.

welcome and all the best.

I'm 11 weeks post op and 5st 11lbs down.. it's an awesome journey

@ ladylite. Thank you. Mine isn't private my insurance is paying for it. I had to pay $500 dollars that's it. But I thought it would be months but not with my insurance. I'm really excited..... Was anyone as nervous as I seem to be.

Hi Dee and welcome. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.
Grace xxx

Welcome Dee i will be thinking of you on Monday, I had mine in Nov and i feel really good, best thing i ever did. You are lucky only 3 days on diet x

@zionaka. Thats awesome congrats. I can't wait till I'm on the losers bench. I'm super excited and happy this day is almost here. Ive started my liquid diet and it's proving to be a lil tough. I haven't cheated Nevis I know I can't but preparing food for my kids is just making me want to eat sooooo bad. I'm sooo happy that my mom is amazing and is going to be taking care of me for 2 weeks after surgery. So that I don't have to worry about preparing meals for the kids in the beginning. Best wishes and thanks for the kind words.

Actually my surgeon didn't have me be on the diet at all. I just told myself the 3-4 days before surgery I was going to do a liquid diet to get me ready for surgery and after..... I just want to be sure I'm in the best shape fir surgery...... My nerves are settling In now I can tell Monday morning is going to be a tough one hahaha.....

Back