• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
I'm very happy with my sleeve :) despite having long term acid reflux I chose it for 3 reasons. One I'm on a lot of medication for life and the bypass works partly through malabsorption that could potentially cause problems for me. Secondly I have long standing bowel issues and had to have an operation shortly before the sleeve. Because of the rerooting done in the bypass I felt the sleeve was a better option. Finally with the sleeve they remove the stomach they cut away. I was uncomfortable with the idea of being left with a 'blind' stomach that could still become diseased and they'd have to open me up to investigate.
That's just my decision making process. The surgeon agreed with my rational but if he'd had reasons to recommend the bypass I would have considered it seriously. It was only after I found out they often don't recommend the sleeve if you have acid which confused me a bit but the acid is controlled with medication so I'd still have made the same choice :)
wow very interesting, thanks for replying. Ive got a lot to think about hmm

I typed a comment then realised I was repeating something I said earlier. It wouldn't let me delete it sorry xx
ooh ok, had my first appointment yesterday, it was so informative and im seriously considering the sleeve, your stats give me hope because were so similar. Have you suffered any side effects since/from surgery? How much are you able to eat? Do you work out? xxx :) Ive seen myself at 16-17st and love the way my body looks even though its still 'overweight' it looks good and i feel sexy and curvy. Ive heard some people lose way more than they hope and end up being underweight and unhappy, any thoughts on the likelyhood of that happening? Is your goal weight a weight you've been before/are happy to end there? The bmi chart told me 9 1/2st would be a goal for me but at 5'8 id look awful im just gonna aim for what I think suits me and where i feel comfy

I'm about 5.8ft also and my seat weight was 25.8st .. There is no way I will ever be under 10st .. I would actually look ill I believe ? I'm aiming for a nice size 16 I think .. So maybe about 14st in the end .. .. I do think some of those medical figures are not right for the real world ..

ooh ok, had my first appointment yesterday, it was so informative and im seriously considering the sleeve, your stats give me hope because were so similar. Have you suffered any side effects since/from surgery? How much are you able to eat? Do you work out? xxx :) Ive seen myself at 16-17st and love the way my body looks even though its still 'overweight' it looks good and i feel sexy and curvy. Ive heard some people lose way more than they hope and end up being underweight and unhappy, any thoughts on the likelyhood of that happening? Is your goal weight a weight you've been before/are happy to end there? The bmi chart told me 9 1/2st would be a goal for me but at 5'8 id look awful im just gonna aim for what I think suits me and where i feel comfy
I'm glad the session was informative. I was only I'll 3/4 weeks out been fine sleeve wise since. Portions sizes depend on what it is I'm eating. It's not a lot but it isn't a tiny amount either. If my side plate is full maybe 1/3-1/2 of that. I work out around 3-4 times a week less so the last couple of weeks due to being unwell with a stubborn bladder and water retention. My goal weigh is 16st the lowest I have been before is 14st 8lb and I felt too skinny and ill looking at that weight. I won't go underweight due to the amount I had to lose but I guess it depends if I have to have a bypass then I probably would go underweight. My recommended weight for my height the highest range is 13st 7lb. That's really unrealistic for me to get to. I think we won't know until we are there xxx

Back