• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hey ya to everybody!

kittyboo

Thought I'd say hello seeing as I've been lurking fr the past few days.

I have had a weight problem since as far back as I can remember and after getting to the point where i thought enough is enough last week I decided to weigh myself and set goals for weight loss via a healthy lifestyle. However when I stepped on the scales I couldve passed out 292lbs :( the heaviest I've ever been by a long long way and so I calculated my BMI and was disgusted to realise I am now classed as 'super-obese' at BMI 50.

I feel like my "diet" is pointless now .. Though I have been eating very sensibly since I weighed in but it wasn't until I googled having a BMI of 50 that I realised that surgery would even be an option to me (guess I'm in some serious denial about my size.)

I have made a Drs appointment for next week to see what they will say but I'm a bit unsure of what to say to him..?

I went to the docs about 5 years ago as I have other problems with mybody that make me very depressed and he had agreed to refer me fr cosmetic surgery but at this point my bmi was 37 and the surgeons told me not a chance & to get down to in the low 20's.

I was referred to a dietician who was completely useless (I am by no means ignorant but this lady gave me leaflets on food hygeine and how to boil an egg?!) and so I stopped attending the leaflet handing out meetings and gave up on the idea of ever being able to be happy in my own skin.

The idea of any surgery petrifies me but the results that surgery can help achieve excite me so much. *It may also mean that I would be eligible fr the initial cosmetic procedure I was too big for if I was lucky enough to lose lots as a result of wlsurgery!

I live in North Scotland and i wonder if there's anybody else on the forums that may be nearby?

Sorry fr the huuuge 1st post :)

x

Back