• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm a bit confused...can anyone advise

pink butterfly

Hi All,

I am a bit confused as to where I am as far as appt's. I attended seminar in March & saw Nurse/Dieticians in July...as I had already lost 1 & half stones since the seminar I was not given a further goal for weight loss. I then had Gastroscopy with Mr Schroeder in September....all went well & I was advised by him that I was on waiting list fr bypass as of that date. I have a further appt with Mr Schroeder scheduled for beginning of December (originally for November but this was cancelled & re-arranged).
Do you's think this is just to make sure I have niot changed mind etc....?
Will I then await a pre-op appt prior to the operation?
Sorry but I dont know anyone that has gone through the procedure so have no one to ask.

Many Thanks

xx

Sorry I cant help, just wanted to say good luck and Im sure someone will be along soon who will answer your question :D XX

hi ange why dont you give the receptionist a ring at the hospital and as her what it is for as she would know sorry not much help xx

All hospitals are different and all patients are different.............. best chatting to your hospital i mean for instance me i have been going back and forth for over 2 years now.......but some are over and done in 6 months x

Thanks ladies, on the occasions I have spoken to the secretary I felt I was being a pain bothering her.....I may muster up some courage n ring lol xx

You mustn't feel like you are bothering anyone....if they had clearly told you what was going to happen next then you wouldn't need to ring to ask would you?!!! Give them a bell, explain what appts you have had and ask them to outline what happens next...I think it's only reasonable that you should want to know, as it helps get your head in the right place and to plan for upcoming appts etc xxx

Thanks Angie, you make such sense.....probably just what I needed to hear!!! I will ring tomorrow & hopefully find out more.....thanks hun xxx

Well I mustered upo the courage to ring & I am pleased I did as she was so helpfull, apparantly the appt will have been scheduled in prior to me haveing Gastroscopy & it is just really to check I am ok with going ahead....so guess just a matter of waiting now. Thanks for your support Girls xx

Back