• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi all another newbie!

hope2bthina

Well monday morning i woke up and decided i was going to be brave and go ask my dr to refer me for wls!. I have been researching on the internet and as i'm a chocoholic a gastric bypass is the best option..maybe.

I am 34 married with 4 children and i'm fat. I feel horrible and hate the little black dress time of year as mine are more like big black tents!!.

I'm diabetic and my control is rubbish i cant diet and if i do lose i gain it back and then some. The Dr was very nice and agreed that surgery was probably the best thing and had refered me to Mr Super at heartlands hospital Birmingham.

I'm now wondering how long it takes to get seen and how long the whole process takes to get surgery. this really is my last hope.

sorry for rambling!

looking forward to getting to know you all over this long journey(providing i get the go ahead and funding)

kelly xx

Hi Kelly,

Welcome to WLS. Not in your area and still pre op myself but wanted to say hi.

Good luck with your WL journey xx

Hi Kelly

Not under Heartlands so can't help you, just wanted to wish you well on your journey. Don't be a stranger, ask all you need to ask no matter how trivial you think it is, someone on here knows the answer to most things xxx

Well monday morning i woke up and decided i was going to be brave and go ask my dr to refer me for wls!. I have been researching on the internet and as i'm a chocoholic a gastric bypass is the best option..maybe.

I am 34 married with 4 children and i'm fat. I feel horrible and hate the little black dress time of year as mine are more like big black tents!!.

I'm diabetic and my control is rubbish i cant diet and if i do lose i gain it back and then some. The Dr was very nice and agreed that surgery was probably the best thing and had refered me to Mr Super at heartlands hospital Birmingham.

I'm now wondering how long it takes to get seen and how long the whole process takes to get surgery. this really is my last hope.

sorry for rambling!

looking forward to getting to know you all over this long journey(providing i get the go ahead and funding)

kelly xx

Welcome to minis hun x What part of Brum are you from and what PCT do you come under?

Hiya i live in solihull, so i'm guessing it would be solihull?
I have been told by general people i'm not big enough? but with my diabeties i'm hoping i will be succesfull. my gp has written directly to Mr Super.

kelly

Hello and welcome to the site, it really helps reading other people's journeys and stories, wishing you lots of luck xx

Hi Kelly,

:welcome2:

Welcome to WLSurgery and I hope you will make yourself at home and if you need any help please ask.

Best of luck on your wls journey!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Kelly,
I'm a newbie too, I'm in north wales so unfortunately I'm having to pay privately for surgery. It's a great help here in this forum.
hugs
Sandra

Hiya Sandra

The postcode lottery is so unfair!!. I would love to be able to go private and cut out such a wait, but it would take me ages to save the amount i need. If i win the lotto this week i'll pay for both of us:D.
I'm just finding my feet and trying to get to 50 posts at the mo. Have you decided who you want to do your surgery yet?

thank you for the post x

Hi again,
I'm hoping to have a duodenal switch, just because I feel it would suit me better than a bypass. Of course, Sod's law the DS is more expensive.
I've even looked into going abroad for surgery although that is possibly too scarey. I received an email from The Hospital Group, they are giving a Christmas discount on their surgeries, which brings their price down to similar for surgery abroad. but it's still £11,500. I mean who has that kind of money sitting around in their bank account, Not me that's for sure! But I am determined, to go ahead I've got a bit saved and would hope to get a loan for the rest.
fingers crossed.
hugs
Sandra

Wow, how much!!? I knew it was alot but thought 5 or 6 thousand maybe! It's a defo no for me then until i reach about 50 if i have to fund the op myself.

I have not read up about the switch but i will have to. I know i could not have a band as i could not have the fill done the mere thought of that makes me want to faint. Surgery is bad enough for me..total wimp i am.

Wishing you good luck with your journey and hoping they have a half price january sale for you too x

Back