• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another newbie lol

MinnieMouse9

Hi
I'm Vikkie! I'm 23 and from the North East and have recently been refered for my gastric banding surgery by my GP :D
I've always been "big" and only at one point of my life been "slim", and because my GTT and fasting glucose came back quite high my GP is concerned i'm going to be diabetic before long.
I have other medical issues which also effect me so dr thinks band is my best chance
I'm so excited, i just wish I could get it now :(

Hi Hun, Good luck and i hope you get the operation you want xx

Welcome Vikkie, you're in the right place for help and support. I hope you have as smooth and quick a journey to your band as mine.

Welcome Vikkie, you're in the right place for help and support. I hope you have as smooth and quick a journey to your band as mine.

wow just looking at your journey there futureperfect! thats really quick!
I am just within limits for getting my banding done on the NHS, but my doctor said she would not be suprised if I get offered a bypass instead, but atm im after the band :D
Some peoples journeys seem to of taken them ages, Im hoping ill have a date or atleast near getting it done this time next year!

welcome Minnie and good luck :) xxx

Welcome to this wonderful site. Any question don't hesitate :):):)

hi vikki and welcome to this forum
i hope you get your surgery very soon.
you are in the right place on this site if you have any questions,
there will always be someone who can answer you.

hi and welcome

Hi and Welcome, I only joined today and am finding myself addicted to the site already lol

wow just looking at your journey there futureperfect! thats really quick!
I am just within limits for getting my banding done on the NHS, but my doctor said she would not be suprised if I get offered a bypass instead, but atm im after the band :D
Some peoples journeys seem to of taken them ages, Im hoping ill have a date or atleast near getting it done this time next year!

In general, bands have a shorter waiting list - they are quicker to do, so they can schedule more in a day, also bandsters tend not to need an overnight stay unless they are afternoon bookings, or have more serious medical issues to be considered.

Good luck with getting a quick date - I put my speed down to being at the right place at the right time, and at the right stage of my weightloss journey - they could see the efforts I'd already put in, and I could slot in at short notice.

Hello Northernwoody! Nice to see you! looks like we will be embarking on our journey togeather on here then!

I'm really hoping I have my band in situ before next xmas, im absolutley ready to make the changes and I cant wait to buy new clothes either!
I know realisticly im probably going to be looking at over a year I think, ive already dropped about 3st so im making progress .. :)

Welcome I'm in Newcastle too any questions just ask :) this site is fab and it's good to know that their is people in the same boat. Mr woodcock and seymour are great and are waiting list is alot shorter than most. Good luck on the start of your journey x x x

Nice to see lots of north easters! :)
Ive actually met mr woodcock and mr seymore because I work in the hospital. The GP thinks it could take a while but everything ive read seems to indicate ill probably have it fitted or atleast be near the day for the banding by this time next year! very exciting. Feel free to add me to facebook fellow north easters :D

Welcome n good luck ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi and welcome. You are right, it is addictive reading whats on here and following peoples progress. Its a great place to start though. Good luck :)

Back