• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi All..

Astria

Hi Everyone
Let me introduce myself my name is Astria
I've been trying to lose weight for longer than I can remember,I lose a few gain a few I finally gave in and asked my doctor for help having tried every diet and every way of trying to do it on my own .
I've just finished my tier 3 and have finally got my appointment to see my Kelly at Southampton spire in a few weeks,
My doctor thinks he will suggest a bypass which scares the life out of me to be honest,I've heard so many stories of things going wrong with the bypass.
I guess I'm looking for someone who has had a bypass or sleeve that could reassure me a bit that they are all ok I know everyone is different.
How you felt after with being able to eat and drink etc and the pain lol
sorry I sound like a wuss lol ok I am haha so nice to find a site where you can chat to others who are going thru or have had the same things .

Hi and welcome, I'm awaiting my surgery date so cannot advice on a specific type but I would certainly advice you have a read of some of the really helpful and informative diaries on here, I'm sure they will help

Hi @Astria and welcome!

You are not a wuss, it is a big step to have WLS and a bypass is an invasive and serious surgery. That said, there are many of us that get on very well after surgery as long as you are prepared, and understand what is involved physically and mentally and you are prepared to make the changes required to follow your teams advice.

If you try to carry on eating as you did before or you push the boundaries too much or find ways to cheat the bypass then you are likely to have issues.

Pain should be managed by your team in hospital and then at home, if you are still in pain than you need to let your team know.

drinking and eating are not easy to begin with but it improves quite quickly. Again you just need to follow your teams advice. It's important not to rush each of the eating stages, 2 weeks on each stage feels like forever but you need to remember how much healing will be going on inside.

Good luck with your appointment and keep reading/researching and posting!

Hi and welcome! I had a bypass 5 months ago - feel free to ask anything. I had a bit of a rocky start with a long recovery time and one more stint in hospital due to oral intolerance and consequent vitamin deficiencies, but am now fully recovered! Once I got past those initial hurdles, things have been very smooth. I don't dump, nor have I had any problems with particular foods. I eat three small, healthy meals per day and at times one snack for a protein boost. I've lost 7 stones in the 5 months since surgery, and have more energy than in a very long time. My body is definitely feeling the benefits!

I always see it as a good sign that people are nervous and scared about the surgery - it means you understand that this is a serious procedure. I was absolutely petrified on the day of surgery, the anaesthetist even gave me some fentanyl beforehand to calm me down a bit. So no, you are not a wuss, these feelings are perfectly normal.

Thank you all for your comments I must admit after reading the journeys people have been on I am feeling a lot better about surgery now lol.
When I started trying to lose weight again 2 years ago I was 22st.4lb I have got myself down to 18.1lb but I know I need help as I still have around 8st to lose , I've spent the last 3 years in n out of hospital with heart issues and I can't do any good exercise only walking because of this,
My weight is now at a standstill no matter what I do or eat
I know all the changes have to come from within and I'm ready to start a new life I guess everyone feels this , so many have told me after the surgery they were not able to drink at all and were sick every time they tried ( I'm not good at being sick ) and that even months after they can only eat a egg cup of food but reading on here I also see so many happy people that are now enjoying life .
I've always had little or no confidence due to my size my weight has always held me back and made me sad in life so I'm looking forward to being able to do more and actually start living my life head held up high.
Thanks again for your support .... X

Welcome to the forum.
I had a bypass in May, it's not been anywhere near as bad as I expected.
It is very nerve wracking as it's a drastic step so it's only natural to be worried.

Do it.
Thank you all for your comments I must admit after reading the journeys people have been on I am feeling a lot better about surgery now lol.
When I started trying to lose weight again 2 years ago I was 22st.4lb I have got myself down to 18.1lb but I know I need help as I still have around 8st to lose , I've spent the last 3 years in n out of hospital with heart issues and I can't do any good exercise only walking because of this,
My weight is now at a standstill no matter what I do or eat
I know all the changes have to come from within and I'm ready to start a new life I guess everyone feels this , so many have told me after the surgery they were not able to drink at all and were sick every time they tried ( I'm not good at being sick ) and that even months after they can only eat a egg cup of food but reading on here I also see so many happy people that are now enjoying life .
I've always had little or no confidence due to my size my weight has always held me back and made me sad in life so I'm looking forward to being able to do more and actually start living my life head held up high.
Thanks again for your support .... X[/QUO

Do it. I'm only a month out and feel better already xxx

Hi Everyone
Let me introduce myself my name is Astria
I've been trying to lose weight for longer than I can remember,I lose a few gain a few I finally gave in and asked my doctor for help having tried every diet and every way of trying to do it on my own .
I've just finished my tier 3 and have finally got my appointment to see my Kelly at Southampton spire in a few weeks,
My doctor thinks he will suggest a bypass which scares the life out of me to be honest,I've heard so many stories of things going wrong with the bypass.
I guess I'm looking for someone who has had a bypass or sleeve that could reassure me a bit that they are all ok I know everyone is different.
How you felt after with being able to eat and drink etc and the pain lol
sorry I sound like a wuss lol ok I am haha so nice to find a site where you can chat to others who are going thru or have had the same things .

Hi Astria and welcome!

First of all, best of luck with your appointment and I hope after it, it answers some of your queries and puts your mind at rest.

I am only 7 1/2 weeks out post Gastric Sleeve and I can say from my own experience, this has been a lot better than I expected. I've suffered with anxiety for many years and I had myself in such a state in the months before the surgery, even up until the day/morning before I was unsure of wether I would go ahead with it because I was so worried about pain, how it would affect my life, if id feel "normal" again, if the weightloss surgery would actually work or am I just going through a risky operation to lose a stone and put more back on again..

The surgery itself went absolutely fine with no complications at all. I was released from hospital after 3 days, it was painful I won't lie but your soon back up on your feet and recovering. Trying to get liquids and food down for the first few weeks is also a challenge but the time flies and as the weight starts to drop, everything is worth it.

My heaviest weight was 21st and I'm now 16st 11lbs. I never ever question if this surgery was worth it because it has been and I know I have a long road ahead of me yet but I don't regret it. It has completely changed my relationship with food, I now eat to live, I don't live to eat. X

Back