• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi everyone, im in the process of wls at hometon hospital

miss shan

I got referred back in October 2014 to wls, first appointment at homerton hospital was in dec 2014 I see the nurse and few weeks later went to a seminar which talked about the different surgerys they do. I was looking into band or sleeve. But after all the information I was givin I think the sleeve was best for me. I had an consultant appointment for March 2015 but about a month before hand they cancelled it and was rebooked for June 2015, the consultant said I should not of been left so long after my nurses appointment and she would try and put my case across to the mdt meeting as soon as she could. So now it's been 3 weeks and I'm getting a little inpatient as this is such a big thing for me, like many others I'm sure. My question is to all the homerton hospital wls people how long after a consultant appointment did they get back to you?..? And also has anyone been refused? As this is a big worry for me as I keep thinking what if they say no. Thanks in advance. X

I think you need to give them a ring, as a friend of mine had her Surgery at Homerton and she see them in November and had her surgery 1st April. You don't want to be left at the bottom of the list. I was told the lady that does all the surgery appointments is very nice so give them a call.

Thanks Janet_hi I'm starting to think I should, just don't want to be a pain lol but then again it's true I don't want to be forgotten about. ?

Hello miss shan
I had my WLS at homerton and so far im doing great thank you very much! My path took roughly 16 months I dont recall waiting too long I think a few weeks from meeting the nurse then the group meeting then it went to panel the stage your at now I think I waited about 3or 4 weeks but I got a call saying funding had already been approved like someone as said give them a call I spoke with a lovely lady called pinkie she is so nice
good luck

Thanks Los in it I have seen many comments you have left for other people, you give great advice/information and you look super stunning well done you!! I have been addicted to this forum for ages but never worked out how to post anything. Only now realise I could not post from my phone! Lol. Now you lady's both think I should call it's definitely made my mind up and will ring tomorrow. :)

Yayyyy I just called homerton and they said my case was heard last week and iv been approved......I'm sooooo happy!! I burst out crying, I'm so happy and scared at the same time.

You must be so excited! I'm very happy for you !! Thank you also for your very kind comments I only wish to be helpful and tell anyone who asks about my experiences good and not so good as I believe people should know the truth warts and all about WLS once again very well done on getting to this point

Just had a call and was given my surgery date, 14 August!! Wow things are going quick now :)

That's fabulous news :)

You must be over the moon!!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

That's fabulous news :) You must be over the moon!! Xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you, I really am! Also feeling very nervous. I'm sure I will be a reck a few days before lol. Just trying to get as much information as possible so it's great reading everyone experiences on here, its helping a lot. X

Congrats on the date Miss Shan! I'm also at homerton and have been approved too but I have to see the psychologist on the 12th August and start taking Vitamin D tablets first before I get given a date!

So exciting isn't it??

Congrats on the date Miss Shan! I'm also at homerton and have been approved too but I have to see the psychologist on the 12th August and start taking Vitamin D tablets first before I get given a date! So exciting isn't it??

Hi mrsmccalla, thank you! great to see another homerton on here, what type of surgery are you having? Did they say how long you have to be on them for before they give you a date, bet you can't wait. X

Hi Miss Shan
I am another Homerton gal - I have my surgery 6/8/15 eeeeeekkkkk!!!! little bit terrified and a lot excited!! I'm having the bypass and am on the lovely slim fast liver shrinking diet.

Maybe we should all meet up somewhere close to homerton for a coffee and a catch up?

Hi Miss Shan I am another Homerton gal - I have my surgery 6/8/15 eeeeeekkkkk!!!!? little bit terrified and a lot excited!! I'm having the bypass and am on the lovely slim fast liver shrinking diet. Maybe we should all meet up somewhere close to homerton for a coffee and a catch up?

Hi twothirdsamidwife, your surgery is a week before mine!! I'm feeling just like you, excited because you know it will change you life but terrified hoping it all goes ok!! How is the slim fast diet going? I'll be doing that one myself too soon. I have pre-op appointment next week so guessing I will start from then. X

Slim fast is going ok (other than when my son makes jam on toast and the smell drives me crazy) I just glug them down, not keen on the oxo's though :( I've lost 6lb so far and need to lose another 10 to have lost 5% of my starting weight!!!

Is it just oxo cube and water?? How much of them do you have to drink? Not liking the sound of that lol. Sounds like your doing really well, keep going, just think of the end result. X

Yeah with hot water - once a day to replace salt, I loved them as a kid, will try boring instead

Wow can't believe how quick things come around.... I'm now 11 days into my lsd diet and 3 days to go until surgery!!! :)

Back