• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I am new

Dixie_Nix

Hi, my name is Dixie, I have been floating around this forum for the past week and have been reading up on people’s journey through surgery.
I have just been given my surgery date for a gastric bypass on the 9th August at James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough.
I am also having my gall bladder out at the same time- wondering if anyone else has had theirs taken out the same time and does recovery times change because of it.
I’m feeling more scared as time goes by. I am diabetic, my sugars have recently gone up really high, have just been put on insulin to help get it down in time.
I am just really worrying about it.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Irene44

Hi Dixie and welcome Hun. I’m just up the road from you in Durham. Having my surgery next month at Spire Washington.

I think it’s fairly normal to be nervous babe you wouldn’t be human if you didn’t x. Sorry I can’t offer much advice but there are some fabulous people on this forum that will be able to help you

I’ve watched lots of tv shows and seen many of the bypasses and gall bladders done and they all seem to go well Think the shows are called fat doctors you can get them on catch up. I can check for you and see which channel it was on but certain you will find them no bother on google

Hopefully once you have had your surgery your diabetes will come under control. We have a lovely lady on here called Blingbabe she was bypassed and diabetic

Try not to worry to much babe this is a new start for you for a healthy happier life I’m sure you will be fine sweetheart x

Keep posting xx

Dixie_Nix

Awww yeah Irene...literally up the road from me ! :) you will have your surgery a month before me, will be good to hear how yours goes.
Thanks for the lovely words of advice. I will try and find those tv shows to watch.

Thanks for the warm welcome
Dixie xxx

Irene44

Awww yeah Irene...literally up the road from me ! :) you will have your surgery a month before me, will be good to hear how yours goes.
Thanks for the lovely words of advice. I will try and find those tv shows to watch.

Thanks for the warm welcome
Dixie xxx

If you can’t find them babe just message me I will find them for you Hopefully yes I will be able to give you the heads up! You will get lots of helpful advice hun and loads of lovely support on this site. Keep in touch xx

Bling Babe

Hi, my name is Dixie, I have been floating around this forum for the past week and have been reading up on people’s journey through surgery.
I have just been given my surgery date for a gastric bypass on the 9th August at James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough.
I am also having my gall bladder out at the same time- wondering if anyone else has had theirs taken out the same time and does recovery times change because of it.
I’m feeling more scared as time goes by. I am diabetic, my sugars have recently gone up really high, have just been put on insulin to help get it down in time.
I am just really worrying about it.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Dixie, it’s normal to be scared/worried but you will be fine, I’m 11 weeks post bypass tomorrow and have no regrets, surgery wise I recovered quickly, I did have a serious energy dip 3 to 6 weeks and was of work for 8 because of that, are you nhs, if so have you used your waiting time to fully researched the do’s and dont’s there is a lot to take on board and protein will become your best friend!!
When do you start your pre-op diet and is it milk or food?
I was diabetic pre surgery 4 metformin a day and injecting with lixsenatide too, the day after surgery I was adviced to drop everything except for 1 metformin a day and my blood glucose has been fab, please try not to get to worked up as this will affect you pr readings too.
We will all support you and offer as much advice as we can, keep in touch and good luck xxx