• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi, I am newbie (Sleeve & UCLH)

Hi
I have started this journey a few months ago (30/3/15)
by asking my GP for referral to Bariatric surgery.
on 4/6/15 I had the the group session in UCLH
on 8/7/15 I had the one stop clinic (nurse,dietitian,blood test,surgeon)
now, I am waiting to hear the news from the MDT .
I have mix feeling about the op.
on one hand,I am excited and now looking forward to the date of my op,
but on the other hand, I am very worried and concern,
I never been hospitalized before... I am scared from:
operating theaters...and also about the possibility of complications or even death:(.
It seems that no one here,is talking about the possible complications and death
Am I ,the only one here, who have the above fears?
Thx

Hi....I totally understand your worries and fears, I'm the same. Although I'm trying to put it at the back of my mind for now, but the closer surgery gets I'm worrying even more.

I think you have to ultimately weigh up the pros and cons and decide which is more risky, to have the op or not have the op. For me I have no quality of life any more and am in so much pain that it is worth the risk of an op, but each person is different. Only you can decide if the op is worth the risk to you. I'm pretty sure that each person here has had the same concern somewhere along the line though, so you are not alone.

Hello and welcome!

I think you have to ultimately weigh up the pros and cons and decide which is more risky, to have the op or not have the op. For me I have no quality of life any more and am in so much pain that it is worth the risk of an op, but each person is different. Only you can decide if the op is worth the risk to you. I'm pretty sure that each person here has had the same concern somewhere along the line though, so you are not alone.

Agree! :)

I weighed up the risks of the operation versus the risks of staying obese and I've made my peace with my decision.
I hope you reach a decision that you are comfortable with

I believe this, I'm sure the benefits will far out way any side effects, plus I'm having most of them anyway !! Death is a big and scary one however this procedure has become quiet safe the more it is done.

Hi and welcome

I think most people have the feelings you are having, I know I did.

But it's one of the best things I have ever done.

All the best with your journey, and keep us informed how it's going.

Pre-Assessment

Thank you all!!!
Just got my pre-assessment appointment for 19 August 2015 in UCLH.
How long is the appointment?
How long from pre-ass to surgery?

Back