• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I am anxious

Sona

Hi I am new to the site. My wls journey started March 2014 initially for the band but was told by my surgeon he would recommend bypass, NHS due to my age and weight 23st. I have always been overweight, don't know any different, but I do know it's time to make changes as I am not getting any younger and the weight seems to be piling on in the last 2 years. I am anxious about surgery, one day I am confident I am doing the right thing and another day my anxiety kicks in about having surgery....is this normal?
I have had all my assessments and I am waiting for a surgery date....this is maybe why the anxiety is kicking in by the waiting game. I have done the liver shrinkage diet with shakes and done well lost a stone, but I am slowly creeping back into old habits of eating.....how do I get refocused ....Help :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Hello sona, its normal to have concerns, afterall you have put yourself up for the surgery and you want it go right !
You say your waiting on a date but you have already done the LSD ? Maybe ive missed something out here
have you a team behind and supporting you, maybe you should go back and voice your concerns as they are best placed to help you other than the guys on here
very good luck

Back