• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm Frankie

Frankie75

Hi I've just signed up, I have been considering a gastric band for a while now, I'm coming up to 40 and I have a 54'' waist so not good for my future health, I've been looking into going to this French hospital in le havre for my op. Has anyone had experience of this hospital and Dr boboza, I just want to know it's all real and not an internet con before I hand over my money. Thanks in advance

Hiya. I have no experience with going abroad for surgery. I had my band in November with the hospital group. The band was the best decision I have ever made. Just wanted to wish u much with ur decision.
I hope someone on here has experience of the provider ur going with and can give u reasurance x

Agree. Its so hard its it. The band is fab.but it really isn't a magic wand. It does take a lot of will power, especially with snacking (my massive down fall). But it really does help with portion control. U do have to be patient with finding ur bands 'sweet spot'. And can take a few fills to gwt there. I've got 5.8mls in a10ml band and need another fill. But as long as u go into it with ur eyes open it is fab. Recovery time isn't too bad either. About 1 to 2 weeks and u feel back to yourself. The pre op diet is hard but the end goal makes it worth the effort. Depends on ur bmi to how long u have to do. My bmi was 43 so 2 weeks pregnant op diet. Some people do a liquid diet and others a low cal low carb diet.
This site is fab for support and there's also a Facebook site that I find quite good for both per and post op. X

Two years ago I lost 3 and a half stone in 4 months doing that diet but it crept back on and went even heavier LOL

Ow I can relate to that. I think the band is quite good that once its off its harder to put back on. Sounds like u have loads of motivation and band would work well. Have u considered having it done in UK? I know there's quite a few companies that do them and I think after care is pretty much the same with each x

Ow that's good that they sort out hotels etc. I think some people on there went to Belgium, I know it was cheeper than the UK and I've heard some good reviews. Good luck with whatever u choose x

Back