• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi *waves* :))

Saintwire

Evening all, I'm newly registered here, found the site after googling about my upcoming appointment.

I'm Linsey, or Linz, 40, from Middleton near Manchester :) I'm not exactly sure what stage of the process I'm at! I've been seeing a dietician for 18 months at my local clinic (without huge progress unfortunately!) and have now been referred to Salford. My appointment letter says I'm seeing Dr Summer in the Medical Weight Management department, so can't tell if I've been referred for surgery or just more diet! Whatever it is, bring it on! So ready to sort myself out!

I've been reading some of the posts on the forums and I just know I'm going to be taking up residence here! Nice to meet you all X x

Welcome to the mad house! We're all a little bonkers on here :D Good luck with the appointment - fingers crossed it's for surgery.

Keep us updated and good luck on your weight loss journey. :)

Hello and welcome, hope the appointment goes well.

huge hello and welcome from me!

Hello and welcome.
The pathway to surgery seems to be very different across the country. There is a Dr Summers at Salford Hospital who is an endocrinologist. When I started on the route to surgery my first appointment was with an endocrinologist, they do lots of blood tests to check if there's any medical reasons such as thyroid etc that is causing weight gain or inability to lose weight. In my case I knew full well my weight was due to my love of cake but it was just one of the hoops I had to get through. So it's possible you are seeing this doctor as part of the surgery pathway, but the only way to be sure will be to discuss it with them.
I had a bypass 5 months ago and have no regrets at all. Good luck and hopefully you will get the outcome you want.

Potter x

Welcome
The wls surgeon at Salford is prof ammori who is excellent although I think he has other members of his team x

Back