• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi I'm new. Luton and Dunstable.

Halespb

Hi. I'm new!
I have my first ever appointment next Friday at The Luton and Dunstable hospital. So nervous. Can anyone tell me what to expect please?

Hello and welcome!

Not really lol, every hospital is different but there seems to be a standard tiered system that needs to be gone through to eventually be offered surgery. The first appoitment is probably to establish your suitability for the programme.

I found this link for your hospital, which discusses tier 4:

http://www.ldh.nhs.uk/obesity/what-we-offer/tier-4/

Good luck x

Hi. I'm new!
I have my first ever appointment next Friday at The Luton and Dunstable hospital. So nervous. Can anyone tell me what to expect please?
Hi
Try not to be nervous, everyone I met was very nice, L and D first appointment consisted of weight, height, blood test, 3 or 4 questionnaires to fill in (one of which indicated I was very depressed which I had to say I didn't feel reflected my mindset at all) you will be given a food diary to complete for 1 month which includes recording any exercise undertaken, on your second appointment they keep the food diary and ask what you learned from completing it, sorry of track, at your first appointment they will give you an information pack as well, my second appointment was 1 month after first
Hope this is of some help, look on it as the start of a new beginning, good luck, lets us know how you get on XxX

Hi I'm also at Luton and Dunstable completed tear 3 awaiting my appointment 30th DEC 2016 for MDT team haven't gota clue how long after seeing them it will take till I have my op iv been waiting 15 months so far. Any idea what happens after the MDT team please? X

Hi I'm also at Luton and Dunstable completed tear 3 awaiting my appointment 30th DEC 2016 for MDT team haven't gota clue how long after seeing them it will take till I have my op iv been waiting 15 months so far. Any idea what happens after the MDT team please? X
Hi

I'm with the l&d and I'm due for surgery 22/12. It's the Mdt meeting where u get the OK for surgery, I got told at the meeting everything was OK, but I know some people have had to wait fir a phone call before they knew. After that about 8 weeks later I saw the surgeon then the anesthetist who listed me for surgery. It will be 15 weeks between me seeing the surgeon and me actually having the operation. Hope this helps.

Hi

I'm with the l&d and I'm due for surgery 22/12. It's the Mdt meeting where u get the OK for surgery, I got told at the meeting everything was OK, but I know some people have had to wait fir a phone call before they knew. After that about 8 weeks later I saw the surgeon then the anesthetist who listed me for surgery. It will be 15 weeks between me seeing the surgeon and me actually having the operation. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Its really helped I just feel everything is put on hold till I get a date. Do you mind me asking did you have to keep losing weight each month? I have gained over a stone since last appointment in October I'm worried they mite not put me through because iv gained so much. I'm watching what ii eat now but I'm not so sure I'll lose much by then.
So pleased for you having your op I hope all goes well and you heal quickly with little pain xxxx

Back