• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

milk

rosaria

Hi i went for my first appt today at luton and dunstable told to see nurse about milk diet.Could someone tell me what you have to do.Thank you

I had my op at Bournemouth Royal so their diet is a little different to L&D no doubt Gary or one of the others will let you know the L&D version but mine was 2 pints of milk spread over the day, 2 yoghurts and a cup of oxo a day plus of course the a minimum of 2 litres of fluids be that water, No Added Sugar Squash, 100ml diluted fruit juice, tea or coffee although milk from your allowance is used for these if you take milk in them. I couldnt drink the oxo it just didn't work for me so I had sugar free jelly instead I made up a pint of it and split it between 6 little pots 100ml each and so had a carefully set out amount of jelly so I kept control of the portion size. I lost 1st on it in the 2 weeks I was on it, for the first 3 or 4 days I felt pretty rough but determined and then on day 5 I woke feeling a bit better and from then on everything fell into place. I didn't feel hungry at all in the two weeks although I did chew sugar free gum after my milk to clear my palette of the milky taste but then threw it away as soon as possible as chewing gum post-op is a no no because of the risks of swallowing it and blocking the pouch plus of course the chewing triggers the acid release into your stomach not good post-op. Hope that helps and good luck on your journey. Welcome to the site as well I am sure there are plenty who can answer whatever question you may care to ask.

There is a milk diet sometimes used in a slightly different format I think for weight loss by some hospitals.

But this was the two week pre-op liver shrinking diet and should not be used for any other attempt at weight loss.

hi rosaria,
im under luton and dunstable and i have done the milk diet. firstly, you are told to lose 5% of your body weight to show your true commitment. you get two chances to prove this and if you dont succeed the first time they give you another chance.
the diet consist of semi skimmed milk throughout the day. i was put on 6 pints, but i just couldnt do that, so they allowed me to drink 4 and i had to do it for 5 weeks. i then lost 7.8% of my body weight. if you dont do it first time round, do bare in mind that you will have to do it for another 4 wks. it's hard, especially the first week, but you do get use to it. with the milk you are allowed, sugarfree crusha, oxo cube or bovril, sf jelly and usual tea/coffee and sugarfree drinks. hope that helps. good luck anyway

good luck

i've done it twice before :D same thing 6 pints of milk oxo/bovril drinks and water i did'nt mind it as i like milk .................just watch out for the constipation ;)

Constipation???????? I am running to the loo with liquid milk. :eek:

Back