• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi too u all!!

debs6

Hi to you all:wavey:
Im mum to mel 19yr
ash 13yr
and nanny to Ellie 14mths ( thanks mel)
I cant work as im not fit enough!!

I have a very big hernia were my C section scar is.. this is from 13 yrs ago.. and on my right side I have a big lump.. which is fluid from the hernia... I'm now in so much pain!!
the doc said he will do the hernia op at the same time as the one for my weight...
I have fluid in my feet and legs...last year I had pneumonia and have severe sleep apnoea..I lost my job last year due to ill heath!! I have trouble just bending and I get puffed just walking up one flight of stairs.:faint2:
the list goes on.. oh just put me down now :needhug:

I've opted to have the sleeve..:eek:
This will be at kings collage hosp in London.uk..Dr A Patel,,

I live in rainham Kent..and will have to travel by train...
how will this affect me after the op!!..it takes over a hour to get home..
im worried that ill have trouble as I love :party0027:my food!!

I've been to see the doc in London again,,,yet again saw a different doc. last time I went up was December.. he put me on the waiting list TODAY!! 28th June 2011
I've got to have a MRI scan on Fri 8th July, the doc said the lump in my liver is 1.4cm..im getting worried!!!
The waiting time to have the op is 5-6mths.. my hernia has got bigger its now from my C section scar to my navel...
he said ill be in HDU overnight as I will have to have tube in as I stop breathing when im asleep. :4635:
they will let me know when im having the op 10 days before hand..there not putting me on any diet before hand but they want me to loose weight before.

I Think my op will be right at the end of DEC on top of new year,
had my BP checked yesterday 20:9:11 and it was really high 207/112
been told that if it doesn't come down I wont be able to have the op!!
This op is NOT about me loosing weight so I need to have it,
:flamingmad::cry:
I phoned up and spoke to a lady who does the waiting list for Dr Patel, and she said that he hasn't put me down for a date yet and that people that were due to have there op last sep are only just having it done now,she said there were 2 docs doing the same op!
this means that instead of having my op in DEC this year ill have to wait till DEC 12.
I was olso told buy Doc sing that I was on the priority list but this lady said there wasn't one!!
I haven't spoken to Doc Patel so I don't know watts going on or how long I have to wait!! doc said it would be done in 6 mths.Ive had No communication from the hospital..
so instead of being on the waiting list,. for 6 mths.. I have now got to wait a year..I can't wait, that long to have my hernia repaid I'm in too much pain!!

I was told if im in pain go to the hosp,, I did and because im seeing Dr Patel then they wont touch me,
Has anyone else had to wait!!
Debs
xxxx:wave_cry:

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
hiya deb and welcome to the site, its a mine of info so just have a good nosey about and im sure someone who can help you will be along soon, good luck :) xxx

Andy1968

Hi to you all:wavey:
Im mum to mel 19yr
ash 13yr
and nanny to Ellie 14mths ( thanks mel)
I cant work as im not fit enough!!

I have a very big hernia were my C section scar is.. this is from 13 yrs ago.. and on my right side I have a big lump.. which is fluid from the hernia... I'm now in so much pain!!
the doc said he will do the hernia op at the same time as the one for my weight...
I have fluid in my feet and legs...last year I had pneumonia and have severe sleep apnoea..I lost my job last year due to ill heath!! I have trouble just bending and I get puffed just walking up one flight of stairs.:faint2:
the list goes on.. oh just put me down now :needhug:

I've opted to have the sleeve..:eek:
This will be at kings collage hosp in London.uk..Dr A Patel,,

I live in rainham Kent..and will have to travel by train...
how will this affect me after the op!!..it takes over a hour to get home..
im worried that ill have trouble as I love :party0027:my food!!

I've been to see the doc in London again,,,yet again saw a different doc. last time I went up was December.. he put me on the waiting list TODAY!! 28th June 2011
I've got to have a MRI scan on Fri 8th July, the doc said the lump in my liver is 1.4cm..im getting worried!!!
The waiting time to have the op is 5-6mths.. my hernia has got bigger its now from my C section scar to my navel...
he said ill be in HDU overnight as I will have to have tube in as I stop breathing when im asleep. :4635:
they will let me know when im having the op 10 days before hand..there not putting me on any diet before hand but they want me to loose weight before.

I Think my op will be right at the end of DEC on top of new year,
had my BP checked yesterday 20:9:11 and it was really high 207/112
been told that if it doesn't come down I wont be able to have the op!!
This op is NOT about me loosing weight so I need to have it,
:flamingmad::cry:
I phoned up and spoke to a lady who does the waiting list for Dr Patel, and she said that he hasn't put me down for a date yet and that people that were due to have there op last sep are only just having it done now,she said there were 2 docs doing the same op!
this means that instead of having my op in DEC this year ill have to wait till DEC 12.
I was olso told buy Doc sing that I was on the priority list but this lady said there wasn't one!!
I haven't spoken to Doc Patel so I don't know watts going on or how long I have to wait!! doc said it would be done in 6 mths.Ive had No communication from the hospital..
so instead of being on the waiting list,. for 6 mths.. I have now got to wait a year..I can't wait, that long to have my hernia repaid I'm in too much pain!!

I was told if im in pain go to the hosp,, I did and because im seeing Dr Patel then they wont touch me,
Has anyone else had to wait!!
Debs
xxxx:wave_cry:

:welcome2:

Can't really help hun,just wanted to welcome you to the forum...Someone will give all the info you need soon no doubt :)

Take care

Andy x

Josiegirl

Hi and welcome to the forum from me too. Great to have you with us :)

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
I too just want to welcome you Debs as I can't help with your situation. Hopefully someone will be able to give you some advise but it seems to me that your Doctors are not singing from the same hymn sheet. Hope you get sorted soon, honey xxx :):)

Kath in Buxton

Hi Debs and welcome to the most informative forum on the whole internet. I'm sorry that I can't help you with your current problems, but I fairly certain the someone will be able to. xxx