• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Im new

Woody76

Hi

Newbie alert (I tried to post earlier but it hasnt appeared yet). I have just been referred by my gp to darlington memorial so just started the journey. I am excited and nervous and I know I am just starting this emotional roller coaster. I asked about funding but my gp said dont worry I fit the criteria does this mean I have the funding or can the surgeon still turn me down?
I am so pleased I have found this forum as I have learned so much already and sure I will learn alot more.

Woody xx

Hi sorry no idea going private im too impatient. Just wanted to say hi and good luck in your WL journey. Xx

I believe for north tees Darlington & James cook it's the GPs that decide as of criteria & once you have your seminar appointment your on the road to WLS. As long as you change your habits and lose desired weight and maintain weight loss right up until surgery they won't say no. Good luck xx

Hi and welcome woody :) ...As hlow says as long as you stick to what your team asks of you and show real commitment you should be fine. Good luck :)

Hi Woody im Claire and Ive been referred to Darlington Memorial I go to my Seminar on the 24 sept at 6pm had all the paper through from hospital and had bloods done a gp so now just waiting till the 24 Good luck

A big welcome. I went private too so can't advise on the NHS process but lots of us have gone that way. Lots of luck. Lets us know if we can help :)

Back